"Not at all, come in," I responded.

Letting go of the doorknob, Bryce pushed the door softly before taking small steps inside.

"I don't mean to be a bother but I just really wanted to give this envelope to Brook," Bryce whispered to me as he revealed the envelope that he was hiding behind his back.

"What's in it if I might ask?" I asked as I eyed the envelope.

Smiling widely at me, Bryce took a quick glance at the bathroom door before quickly walking over to me.

"Well to make a long story short, the University that Brook wanted to go to accepted her and the proof is in here," Bryce said as he lightly tapped the envelope.

"That's fantastic but I thought she was going to go straight into running the business," I commented as I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes well, that is the plan," Bryce mumbled before shaking his head lightly.

"In all honesty I rather if Brook goes to a university. The one that accepted her is located in the UK and they are offering her a full scholarship in soccer. She's always wanted to represent the UK female soccer team." Bryce said as his smile became a sadder one.

Frowning I couldn't understand what was happening.

If Brook's dad wanted her to go to college why was she so willing to take over the company?

Right, when I was about to voice my question the sound of a door unlocking and opening up caught both Bryce and my attention.

"Sorry I took so long I was..." Brook started to say before she slowly stopped mid-sentence when she locked eyes with her father.

Without missing a beat, however, Bryce smile widely before singing to Brook the "Happy Birthday" song.

Immediately Brook's ears started turning red before she smiled at her dad.

"Thank you," Brook said after Bryce was finished.

Walking over to his daughter, Bryce quickly brought Brook into an embrace before speaking up again.

"Why must you grow so fast?" Bryce asked.

The sight almost caused me to say "awe" out loud when I noticed Bryce tearing up a bit after he let go of Brook.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't congratulate you when the rest of your friends did," Bryce said as he took a step back from Brook.

Waving her hand in the air as if dismissing the comment, Brook responded.

"It's fine I wasn't there either."

Frowning at Brook, Bryce was about to speak when Brook cut him off with a wave of her hand.

"Forget it, but what's in your hand?" Brook asked, eyeing the envelope.

Instantly, the frown on Bryce's face changed into a huge smile.

"Open it up," He said as he passed it over before taking a sit on Brook's bed beside me.

We both watched with anticipation for Brook's reaction and it wasn't long before she smiled widely and let out a loud "yes".

"I got accepted!" Brook exclaimed as she kept eyeing the paper.

"I knew you would darling," Bryce said as he continued to stare at Brook.

I could honestly feel the excitement radiate off Brook but the second she looked up and locked eyes with me, her smile fell.

It only took one second for the atmosphere to change and for Brook to put the envelope on her desk as if it meant nothing.