Karma

Brooklyn's Pov:

The wind did me no favors as I ran through the field of defenders along with the burning sensation I felt in my eyes every time my eyebrows faulted to collected the sweat that was forming on my forehead. My breathing was anything but slow and with every connection I made with the floor I felt a sharp pain in my lungs. However, it wasn't long before someone had the upper hand on me and my legs gave out from right underneath me. Next was my shoulder.

As I hit the ground I could feel my lungs give out as I struggled for air. I tried to get up as I held onto my side but I stumbled and hit the ground again. By now the referee blew his whistle while several girls complained about his call.

I didn't care, my team was down one point and I'll take all the penalties I could get. Lining up, I knew I was in no shape to kick, so I let someone else do it for me. I lined up along with the rest of the girls and watched carefully. When the girl kicked, the goalie was to quick to block it. I wanted to curse knowing there was little time left however, the goalie fell to keep the ball. Sprinting over to it, I got shoved by the other team yet that didn't stop me from kicking the ball inside and it also didn't stop the other girls in shoving me to the ground a second time.

Sucks for them, I made it in.

It wasn't long after that, that the referee blew his whistle. I couldn't be anymore angrier than I was at that moment. However, my team didn't waste a second in celebrating since we qualified for the finals since we got one point for getting a tie.

Wiping my sweat off my face, I walked over to the benches and grabbed some water. When I looked up, I saw the whole crew except for Jenna talking among themselves.

"Nice goal." My coach said as he put down his clipboard.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"What's up?" He asked as he turned to look at me.

Sighing, I drank my water before responding to him.

"We can't keep getting goals because of penalties, we almost lost out there." I said as I shook my head.

"I know but at least we survived for a another game."

"Yea but we will be terminated if we don't start making goals cause frankly I'm tired of getting slam into the ground."

"It's part of the sport kiddo." My coach said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yea well someone else should get hurt." I said as I rolled my eyes but let out a chuckle.

Patting my shoulder, my coach talked to me about holding a practice tomorrow and I simply nodded my head in agreements.

"How did the grass taste like?" A voice asked after I said bye to my coach.

Turning to look at the voice I noticed it was Chloe.

Rolling my eyes, I responded.

"Very funny." I said.

Smiling, I looked over at Emma who was approaching me. I quickly leaned forward and captured her lips before hugging her.

"Ew ew you're sweaty." Emma said as she lightly pushed me away.

Laughing, I let her go and she immediately started to wipe her face.

"How you like the game Aaron?" I asked noticing he was looking at Koby.

"Huh?" He said as he snapped his head up to look at me.

"I said you're a creeper."

It was his turn to roll his eyes.