Identification

Brooklyn's POV:

You've ever been suffocated by silence despite the world making so much noise? For example, the rain that kept making its own music against my window., or my steady breathing that followed a pattern? Everything seemed to have a rhyme but me.

Laying down in bed, I just stared at the ceiling, in my apartment that was completely empty. Emma's mom had the rest of her day free and Emma wanted to spend some time with her. I of course immediately drove her home. As for the siblings, we had to postpone their session. Stephen had an away game and told me that his mother was going to attend it, so she was going to pick him up. Isa asked if she could tag along as Zachary also played on the team.

I wasn't one to separate couples, even if they aren't together, so I just shrugged it off and said go for it.

Those two really confused me, but Isa said that she wasn't going to be in a relationship with anyone until she graduated, because she didn't want to start something only to break up because they both went to different universities. Unbeknownst to her, Zachary told me any college she applied to, he was applying to as well and the ones surrounding it, just in case he didn't get into hers.

Now that kid was committed and even though Isa doesn't show it as much, I know she was committed to him too. I think she was just scared to get hurt, which I understood. They've known each other since they were in the 6th grade. They even had a ship name and all; Zaella.

I wonder what Emma and I's ship name would be.

Sighing as I thought about Emma, I looked over to her side of the bed where she usually slept on. By now, her scent was all over that side.

I laid there for a while until I couldn't stand the sound or the scent that was suffocating me in this room, so I got up, got change,d and left.

I had put on a jacket that my father bought me. It was a zipped-up Oxford University hooded jacket that was navy blue. On the right side, it had a patch that said, "Dominus Illuminatio Mea," which meant "The Lord is my light". He also had embroidered on the back of the jacket, my last name in capital letters. It was a nice gift, though, I could do without my last name on it.  As for pants, I just kept on my white sweatpants. I didn't even think to pay attention to my shoes, and just put on my blue Converse. I guessed I matched my outfit in a way.

I just wanted to get out there.

I was so stuck in my own thoughts and wanting to escape the feeling of being alone, I didn't realize that I was already walking down the sidewalk. It was late at night but due to the bright lights and different signs that the city provided, I could see perfectly fine. There were still several restaurants and bars open with signs on the sidewalk stating drinks and food offers.

Looking at the different ones, I noticed one bar offering a deal of, buy 1 bucket of chicken wings, get the second one free. Deciding I could eat, I went inside. Looking around I noticed it was an open sitting type of bar so, I just walked over to a table and sat on a stool. Looking around I interlocked my fingers together on the table.

There were people drinking, dancing, and some playing pool that was located in the corner of the place.

This used to be my scene and for a second, I missed it. Not a single care was being given among those fools who were living in bliss.

"What can I get you cutie?"

Turning around I looked at the woman in front of me, shrugged my shoulders, and went back to looking around.

"Not much of a talker?"

"There's nothing for me to say," I responded.

"Well how about I started you off with a beer while you look over the menu."