Our Own Bet

Edited by: shapeshiftinggoddess
_______________________________________

Brooklyn's POV:

With all the tension and awkwardness filling the atmosphere between my friends and the others, it was only a matter of time before Aaron came up with an idea to fix it. Currently being in Aaron's mansion, he called for everyone to come over so we could all talk things out; however, he wanted to do it differently. His wonderful idea was to set up a group activity similar to speed dating so we could all talk to one person at a time to get whatever we wanted off our chest. The rule was that we would speak to one another for only 5 minutes and then we would move on to someone different until we spoke to everyone. As I sat down on Aaron's white leather couch, I looked around at the people here. The whole gang was here, Aaron, Chloe, Brian, Koby, Hanna, Jenna, and lastly Emma. It always made me chuckle when I said the last three girl's name since they somewhat rhyme.

"Okay now that everyone is here, let's get things moving." Aaron said as he interrupted my thoughts.

Sighing, I just continued to sit, if anyone wanted to talk to me, they'll have to come to me. The only real two reasons I came was to get away from my parents and to make sure my best friends knew I cared for them.

Well Aaron finally told us to start; I looked around to the group until Aaron's eyes caught mine before he instantly walked over to me. Starting his watch, he then sat down next to me.

"What up?" I asked as I looked at him. Shrugging his shoulders, he responded.

"You know I love you but I really need to get this off my chest."

Motioning for him to start, I just sat there with a lop-sided mouth. I knew he was about to release some pent up anger.

Clearing his throat, he spoke up.

"I really hate how reckless you are, it's like you never really think and do just throw caution to the wind. I love you but sometimes I don't want to be your friend because every time you get hurt, I got to see it and it is heartbreaking. I rather hurt while ignoring you then to see how many countless actions you can do because that hurts more. I also hurt how you made me so worried about everything, like I barely even smile anymore and I realized that a while ago. I love you Brook, but you really need to understand that you have people in your life that love you and it sucks when you only focus on those who don't even give you the time of day."

Nodding my head, I watched as Aaron sighed again before giving me a small smile.

"Anything you need to tell me now?" He asked.

Shaking my head, I couldn't really think of anything. That made Aaron frown.

"Brook why can't you give a damn about something besides your damn ego or pride. The point of this activity is to communicate, it helps build a better friend." Aaron said.

My facial expression immediately mimicked Aaron's.

"Oh okay fine, let's play. I hate how you treat me like a puppet. "Do this", "don't do that", "stop fucking up", well news flash Aaron, I'm my own damn person and everyone keeps forgetting that. If me getting hurt is such a problem with you then maybe I'll do you a favor and stop hanging out with you. I'll admit, I've made mistakes and I know I'll continue to make them but how about you don't call me out on it. I don't have too many people in my life and if you want to just leave then fine, I'll cry but not for too long because as fast as you left, the faster I'll move on. College is around the corner so that wouldn't be a problem for me." I explained with a sour smile.

Squinting his eyes at me, he opened his mouth to speak.

"That's another thing I hate about you, you are quick to close someone out, and for once can you just open the damn up. You can have everything, material wise, but that can never compare to having someone to share it with." Aaron shot back.