Thirteen

An hour later and Y/N and Spencer were in the office, clutching coffees like their lives depended on it.

Y/N had insisted on driving in although she really shouldn’t have given the amount of sleep versus the amount of wine she’d consumed. She’d dropped Spencer off just before the buildings entrance so that it didn’t appear that they’d arrived together, although she’d only ended up walking into the office two minutes after he had.

Y/N had found the issue of the love bites hilarious at first, laughing harder the more Spencer glared at her and rubbed his neck. She hadn’t meant to mark him but she also hadn’t heard him complaining when she was doing it. In the end, she’d dabbed concealer over the worst of it and found an old black scarf that they’d wrapped around his neck. It wasn’t exactly cold outside, but he’d think of something.

“Late night, Y/N?” Morgan asked her as she drained her coffee, wincing at the noise the mug made as she replaced it on the table.

“Yup.”

“Spencer looks like death as well. You planning on removing that scarf any time soon, kid?”

Reid adjusted the scarf slightly and shook his head. He was uncomfortably warm but had no intention of removing it from around his throat. “I can feel a sore throat coming on, I’m trying to ward it off” he offered as his excuse.

The team worked for a few hours, discovering what they’d missed with Aaron calling the lead detective from the case and clearing up the misunderstanding. There was still paperwork to be done to account for the small error so Y/N went on a vending machine run to refuel, passing by Penelope and Derek who were hovering around Spencer.

“What is THAT on your scarf?” Garcia was pulling it away from his neck to inspect the marks the melting concealer was making and Y/N turned just in time to see a panicked look on Reid’s features as Derek spotted the love bites.

“Whay hey hey!!” a huge grin crossed Morgan’s face as he leant in to inspect his friends neck. Spencer was flushed red and Y/N could see the cogs in his brain turning.

“Whose the lucky lady then, Kid?”

“Just…. Someone” Reid muttered, tugging away from Penelope and Derek and trying to cover his neck again.

“Just someone? Looks like ‘just someone’ got a bit carried away. Is that what you were doing last night, well I guess the correct question would be is that WHO you were doing last night?”

Y/N wandered over to the three of them, avoiding eye contact with Spencer.

“What’s this?” she asked innocently.

“Spencers got a girl. That’s why he looks like death warmed up today” Penny sounded gleefully pleased for her younger colleague, grinning widely at him.

“So, Pretty Boy. When are we meeting this girl, and a better question: Where did YOU meet this girl? It is a girl right?”

Spencer scowled and Y/N bit her lip to keep from laughing.

“Yes it’s a girl, no you’re not meeting her because we’re not dating. And I met her online.”

Penelopes eyes widened. “Online? You met her online? Have I started a trend here? First me, then Y/N and now you.”

Derek laughed “Sounds like I need to get myself on this site you’re all using. Which one is it? Chat zone, the same one Baby Girl used?”

Spencer nodded and Y/N started to walk away as Penelope continued the conversation.

“Chat zone? Spencer I haven’t seen you in there, what’s your user name?”

“Drblack…… Erm… I’m not telling you. Sorry.” Spencer scurried off, cursing himself for nearly revealing his user name to Garcia .

She was already on it though, mentally noting the part of the name he’d revealed, ready do to go back to her computer to track him and this mystery woman down.

And whilst she was there, she’d see if she could find Y/N too.