Chapter 3: Points means more arguing!

DISCLAIMER : Everything is still J.K. Rowling's...unfortunately...if only it had been my idea!

____________

How dare she!

Severus Snape paced in his room, aware that the 'she' in question was next door with a class full of students. The fingers of one hand drummed against his hip as he paced back and forth. The other hand was covering his mouth; he could still feel her lips on his, the sweet taste of her...

Stop it, Severus!

He almost howled aloud in anger. She had to be at least ten years his junior and she had the gall to stand there and judge him. Tell him he was a bully!

He had no doubts that she knew he'd been involved with the defeat of Voldemort, and he also didn't doubt that she knew his past history before that. He couldn't, however, say for sure if she knew he'd been a Death Eater. But it stood to reason the annoying woman was holding his past against him. She couldn't honestly be objecting to his teaching methods. It wasn't his fault if Longbottom and the others were so spineless they didn't know how to stand up for themselves.

It was his experience that if you didn't get hard quick, you were in for an almighty shock when you left the schools protection. Couldn't she see that? Longbottom had to know how to defend himself now or never learn. He'd always be the one to be stood on by others, people who truly didn't care about him.

He stopped pacing and stared without seeing at the fireplace, cold and lifeless. Just the way he liked things.

He would ignore her, not talk to her unless it was absolutely necessary... but that kiss, that kiss.

His fingers traced over his lips unconsciously, and then he straightened with a snort of derision, she was a witch after all. She probably spelled him; knew she didn't have a leg to stand on where Longbottom was concerned and resorted to a little spell casting to save herself from admitting it. Merlin knew that must be the only reason she had responded the way she had.

She was nothing more than an annoying glitch in his life. He could put up with glitches, could ignore them. He was Severus Snape, Defence Against Dark Arts Professor. He'd stood against Voldemort, and was still alive to try and forget it. One small annoying glitch was nothing to a man like him. He raised his head; his face proud. He left his rooms and swept out of the dungeons to his own classroom. Everything had been sorted neatly into compartments in his head, everything was right again. Severus Snape was, as usual, right and she, Professor Megan Kincaid was wrong. As for the kiss, he would brush it away like an annoying piece of lint from his jacket.

Meg stood up from the wall; her fingers still on her lips. She could hear the cacophony of noise that only a classroom of children heading her way could make. She slipped into her room and ran her hands through her strawberry blonde hair, it had come loose from the braid it had been in before Severus had gripped a handful and...

Meg bit her lip, she could still feel his hand on her shoulder and his hand in her hair, still feel the cool pressure of his lips.

Stop it! She commanded herself silently.

Severus Snape was nothing more than an egotistical man that was so conceited he couldn't see when he was wrong. He had used kissing her to shut her up when he knew he was cornered in his arguments. Just like a man, never admitting when they were wrong.

"Miss?"

She looked round as her class were sitting down and looking at her. Hermione Granger was looking up at her with surprise on her face.

"What is it, Miss Granger?" she asked, dragging her mind away from the most annoying of men.

"What is that?" She pointed at the simmering cauldron in the corner and the trays of vials filled with a pale violet liquid.