Chapter Thirteen

Author: ...it's late, i'm going to bed...enjoy!!

"Tsk, you should not provoke Prince Talon." Mrs. Penny chided her, as she pressed a cool compress to her back, "He does not reward sassiness my young girl."

Bird didn't say anything, in all honesty she didn't feel there was anything she needed to say, she'd been quite shocked at her own forwardness. She wondered, had she wished or him to snap and grab her then and her days of suffering swiftly.

She laid with her head on the pillow, and watched as servant entered removing her items by the case load. None of them mentioned where they were taking her clothes, the one's she'd received form Fitzwilliam, were slowly disappearing one by one. Mrs. Penny continued clucking her tongue, only when Bird suddenly raised up.

"Not that one," Her voice was hard, and caught the attention of the servants immediately. The young women who'd pulled the purple dress fom the closet paused, "You may take everything but that dress," She insisted.

The young girl glanced at Mrs. Penny, Bird turned her pleading gaze to her. "I swear I will not wear it, I will even hid it, if that will suit. But I do not wish to lose it, it has...sentimental value to me." She swallowed, sentiment something a slave Damphir like her shouldn't have and yet. "Please-."

Mrs. Penny sighed, heavily before she nodded, "Ava you may return it to the closet," Bird sagged with releife and laid back down, hugging the pillow to her body, "In trade you must not provoke the master any more, understood?"

Bird nodded, letting her cheek rub against the silken cloth. She knew not why the master had gotten angry, sure she had provoked him but that had only been after he's changed before her eyes into a monster. His friendship with the Wellings now made sense, yet still there was something missing that was unaware of something far deeper and uglier that created rage, like the one she'd seen in him.

She sighed, giving up thinking about her new master and his temper. That was vampire business, she could only serve him to the best of ability, whether he liked it or not. She wasn't here to be anything more than either his food source of servant, though...she knew he would never feed from her.

It was something could feel he would never do, and she felt relief that as of yet no one knew of her weakness in that matter.

**

"She doesn't no wilt," Talon spoke allowed to Pinwin, as the man brought in his mid-afternoon tea. Talon's eyes followed the female Damphir as she spoke with the garderner, Her back was ramrod straight, but every else about her was akin to willow, moving gracefully no matter what she was doing. The dark brown gown he'd purchased for her, gave her no shape and was of heavy, serviceable material. Yet, she'd somehow managed to even glow in that.

"No, sire," Pinwin setting everything down, on his desk, "She'd taken to Mrs. Penny's responsibilities quiet well..." he paused, when Talon turned and stared silently at him, "W-what I meant to say sire is-," "I know what you meant."

Talon said coldly, turning his gaze back to the woman who currently had the outside staff laughing, "Despite the other duties, of washing privys and floors, she still manages to thwart my intentions of making her suffer." His frown deepened, "We cannot keep a spy of my brothers in this house Pinwin," He turned and walked over to his desk, "For her sake, and ours it is best if she leaves."

"Sire-," Pinwin started but, Talon lifted a hand cutting him off.

"If you seek to dissuade me from my plans," He narrowed his eyes on the man, who he saw as a confidante, "I would warn you against it, I am too far now to stop. My actions have already begun to show their effects."