Chapter Eight

Author: I hope everyone's enjoying this, and keep up your love.

Stepping outside, Bird took a deep breath. The nature; though limited calmed her, and she stepped further away from the house. Following the short path made from hundreds of pebbles. The flowers, glistened from the early morning rain, the dew drops still settled on the petals. The scent of water, and the perfume of flowers mixed giving out a subtle yet comforting scent.

Her master hadn't seemed upset at her mistake, but she was never sure of what her master's mood would be. She didn't wish to believe in his possible kindness, she much rather trust in his assured cruelty. She followed the path, until she was stopped by a red brick wall.

It wasn't very high, just a foot above her own height. She reached out and pressed her hand against it. The cold stone was damp, but right beyond this wall was an alley way. Said alleyway lead to the streets, and beyond that...She lifted her head, and stared at the greyish-blue sky, she had come here several times wondering whether she should run or stay.

How did one chose? When one hadnever had the right to choose before.

"....You've come here often dear."

She didn't turn around, "Yes," She lowered her hand, "the garden comforts me." She added after a moment of thought.

Her master stepped up to her side, "Yet, you're not admiring the flowers...you've only ever come to this wall."

She glanced towards him, not saying anything. Bird would first hear what more he had to say about her habit.

"
Bird silently stared at him, her Master was a complicated person. He carried a greater agenda than her previous mater ever did, everything he did had two possible values. A blade never done with slashing, she felt pity for him and lowered her lashes so he wouldn't see it, "Yes...it does."

He made a humming noise, reaching out he pressed his hand against the stone, in the same way she'd done earlier. "Why?" He asked silently, "If I thought as much about running away, I would be gone already."

Bird turned around, before she said in a lowered voice, "Because...there is nowhere for me to run," She started back towards the house, "No matter how much I think about it, there is no place for me to run to."

With that she left her master standing in front of the brick garden wall, her own heart too filled with her own thoughts to notice him watching her leave.

Fitzwilliam watched the damphir walk away, he'd known when he'd started this he might run into some obstacles, but he hadn't thought he'd feel any guilt when implementing his plan. Yet, when he'd noticed her standing before the wall staring at with a look of such longing that it had pulled at his own heart, he now knew he'd met an unforeseen challenge.

He curled the fingers of his right hand, the one that had been pressed against the stone. He would stay this course...he had no other choice, a flash of black locks flashed in his mind, before he turned away from the wall and followed the path that Bird had taken.

**

"A Damphir?"

Talon pulled on the reigns of his horse, his red eyes weren't like his brothers. They were darker like brandy. He frowned, "Why do you mention it?" He asked, maneuvering his mount to the side out of the way of those who were riding carriages on the congested street.

"Isn't it growing tedious having to wait for blood," Al said in good humor, "I thought I'd ask, since it's been, what? Three years since your Damphir was given away."

"Yes," Talon said, but he shook his head, "I prefer the deliveries, rather than having a companion," He clicked his teeth, getting his mount to move forward, "plus, my fiancé may wish to bring her own."