Chapter 5

3 nights had past, and Shaun has seen the ghost girl 7 times total. He had a piece of paper that he counted on. This next night though, was a night that Shaun had feared for every since Piper lost the baby. Piper had fallen into acoma, and as Shaun was walking around the hospital trying to stay focused on the good things, the child appeared before him again. This time she was in real tears. She was crying her little eyes out.

"Mommy mommy!" She would exclaim as she ran down the halls. Shaun quickly leaned to the side trying to catch the child, but she went straight through him. He ran after her, shouting

"Marquettisa! Come back! Whats wrong baby girl?" The child paid no attention, and she ran into the ghost world. Because of Shaun following to close behind, he got brought in too, and seen things. Strangee things. Doctors wearing pink, Flowers growing everywhere, and little girls prancing around happily. Except for in a corner. The only dark corner. There was a little girl standing in the corner crying, and it was exactly who Shaun wanted it to be. He started to walk over, when a girl who looked exactly like Piper, but wasnt pale or weak, grabbed the girl by the hand and yanked her into the bathroom, where she started yelling at her and scolding her.

Shaun waited by the bathroom door, and when the little girl walked out, he reached down and to his surprise, he grabbed the girl's wrist.

She looked up at him and gasped, fear in her eyes.

"Don't cry! Im your daddy! Come here! With me!'' The little girl really had no choice, because Shaun grabbed her up and walked to an empty room with her and sat her down.

"What's your name?" He asked her.

"Marquettisa... But my mommy calls me Sherbert... Because I love sherbert..." She said.

Shaun smiled hearing that, and just because he loved her little girl voice.

"I am your real daddy, will you come home with me so you can meet my friends?"

Marquettisa stared at him, as if she didn't believe him, or if she did, she was just trying to think of an answer.

"Marquettisa, will you answer me please sweatheart?"

Marquettisa nodded and told him she would go, but when she did, the whole world, inside and out, turned to fire and everything pink burned to red or black. The eyes on the child grew teary, for she knew that she wasn't supposed to go. As quickly as her little legs would take her, Marquettisa ran off in the firey darkness leaving Shaun surrounded by flames and taking offf after her.