“All right, I think we should put the plan in motion right away,” he was saying, looking very proud of himself, like he’d thought of the whole plan himself. “Aurora, Ginger, Thetis… you know your parts. Eric, Demona and I will all be on the roof and-”

“Call me Eros,” Eros cut him off. “I think this whole Eric crap should be in the past now.”

I looked at him in surprise.  “Really, everyone can call you Eros now?” This was pretty huge, considering how adamant he’d been about the use of his nickname when I’d first met him. He’d been letting more and more people call him Eros, but now even these guys? That was big.

“Great, Eros,” Rennor said, rolling his eyes. “Not really relevant right now, but okay. So, as I was saying… the three of us will be up on the roofs. Girls – who will do the main part of the acting?”

To my surprise, Thetis stepped forward. With her tall frame and the confident way she carried herself, she hardly seemed fit for the part. I knew that normally, there’d be a feel of magic in the air around her, and her aura would pulsate strongly while she smiled. Today, there was none of that. Eros and Simon were still a little too weak on the whole aura thing to return the power back to me, much to my irritation.

Very carefully, Thetis brought her hand to her uncharacteristically short skirt and started pulling at it. It ripped a little, but nothing noticeable.

“Eros?” she asked sweetly. “Would you do the honors?”

Eros stepped forward when his name was called and he immediately took her skirt in his hands and easily tore apart the fabric. Then, he moved to her shirt, ripping it so that her bra was showing. Thetis messed up her hair and Ginger stepped forward with a slightly wet paper towel and started smearing Thetis’ make-up over her face. When everything was done, the pretty witch looked like she’d just had a very rough encounter in a back alley – which was exactly what we’d planned.

“All set?” Rennor asked, unable to keep his eyes off of Tethis’ black bra.

Eros laughed at him. He didn’t seem to be distracted by the skin the witch was showing whatsoever. “Let’s get this show on the road, shall we?”

Eros, Rennor and I hurried to a dark alley and let out our fangs. We all smiled in excitement and I almost laughed in excitement when we jumped onto the roof of the building next to us. It was just plain amazing to be able to do this kind of stuff. Every time I did, I felt like I was in a Spiderman movie or something.

“You go across the street,” Eros told Rennor. “Dem, you stay here, I’ll go a little ways back to the alley we agreed on.”

Rennor nodded and hurled himself onto the roof on the other side of the roof. It was astonishing to see him take off like that – his bright white fangs were out and he looked very much like a vampire from Twilight when he was doing this kind of stuff. Especially with his shirt billowing in the wind, looking almost cape-like. Not that Twilight vampires wear capes, but you get the picture.

“Eros…” I was reluctant to let him go. We all had our part to play tonight, and his was by far the most challenging. Simon, Antwan, Will, Drew and Minnie were bound to have a hard time with their spells, but I was the only one who truly realized how dangerous Eros’ role in the whole was.

“Don’t worry, little one.” He held me close and kissed the top of my head. “As long as you stay close to me, I know I’ll be just fine.”

“I’ll be here through it all,” I promised. “Try to enjoy a little, I know how exhilarating it is to use your powers.”

He grinned at that and let me go. “Yeah, it is.” With that, he leaped onto the next roof, skipping from rooftop to rooftop until he was on the right one that looked down on the alley we’d all decided to be the right one.