14. memories

A/N: To answer a big question: No, this story isn't over. We still have like six or seven chapters to go.

Now, this chapter is sort of a memorial chapter for my favorite character of mine. This is just lots of memories. I thought you'd all like it, and I needed this because I fucking killed off the main character and I'm still trying to deal with that fact. Enjoy guys.

Memories

Song: Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day

As my memory rests, but never forgets what I lost…

~Summer~

"By the way, I'm Sunny Parker."

----

I jumped out of the bus, closed my eyes, stretched my arms, and took in the nice summer breeze. Ah, Warped Tour 2012. I've been waiting forever for this. The rest of my band hopped out of the bus with me and started walking around. Walking around felt great. I'd been stuck in the bus forever. 

We got to the venue just in time. I saw a lot of vans and tour buses while I was with our merch guy, Trent. I walked with Trent to help set up our tent. Our tent was next to Sleeping With Sirens' tent and All Time Low's. Both bands got there a few minutes after us. 

"Trent! Trent, help me. I'm about to drop this box!" I said to Trent as he was unpacking stuff. We received a few looks from both bands. One thing about me, I'm very weak. 

"Hold on Summer! Just set the box down for a second. Hey, where is the rest of the band?" he asked as I sighed. 

"Probably talking to some other bands." I sat down on the box I was carrying. 

Do you ever have that feeling like you are being watched? Yeah, I had that right then and there. 

"Summer, stop helping me and go hang out before you have your set! This is your first time performing at Warped. Have some fun!" Trent told me as he picked me up and moved me off the box. 

"This is your first time on Warped Tour?" asked Jack from All Time Low. 

I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming and hugging him. This summer I need to act like everyone here is just a normal person. Judge them for themselves, not because they are famous. "Yeah." I mumbled. 

"Well, it's awesome. I promise you. What band are you in?" Alex from ATL asked. 

Holy crap. "Sorry We're Late. Our label is Rise Records. They hooked us up with Main Stage along with some other bands from that label." I took off my sunglasses and looked at them. 

"That's the same as us!" a voice said from behind me. 

I turned around and looked at the guy. "I know. We have the same label!" I laughed. It was Jesse, from Sleeping With Sirens.

"Hey Jesse, let's go look around…" the black-haired boy next to him said. He had sunglasses, a black and white striped tank top, and black cut-off knee length shorts on. 

Kellin Quinn. 

----

We talked about anything and everything. Even about our dads. His left him and his mom when he was young, but now it's okay. He has a step-dad who is amazing. Although I bet it still hurts to know that your birth father "didn't want anything to do with you" as Kellin says. 

"I wouldn't know anything about having my father walk away though. That's not how I lost my father." I said to him as he finished telling me his story. I had my head buried in his neck and I had the smell of his cologne filling my nose. My left hand played his the hemming of his black tank top as my right arm was wrapped around his waist. 

He slowly nodded. "Losing my dad was hard, but that was his own choice. I don't know how hard that was for you. But it's okay Summer." he said, kissing my forehead. 

I nodded too. "Yeah, I know everything is okay. I had to get over it. It was years ago. I'm not going to forget it though. Or all the therapy and shit I had to go through. People kept saying I needed help when I really wanted was a hug. And everyone kept saying that they know how I felt. No they didn't. No one understood exactly how I felt or what I was going through. No one could say that they knew what that felt like because they really didn't. They were just saying that. And that's what made me hurt even worse. They not only lied to me, but to themselves. And that only made what I was going through worse." I mumbled because of the stupid lump in my throat. 

He held me tighter. "I didn't know that's how you felt." he whispered near my ear. 

"Well, it is. Everyone has always told me that they know how I feel because I've lost so much. They haven't lost as much as me, so what do they know? And it's the people who say this stuff that piss me off. Those moments where you know you lost everything but still don't give up are my best and worst moments. Best because I know I still have hope. Worst because I've lost everything and my everything will take a lifetime to get back. And still, those moments are better than when people sit me down, look me straight in the eye, say they know how I feel, and then tell me everything will be okay. It's not going to be okay. I don't know when it will be either." I said with no emotion showing in my tone. 

By now I was being hugged to death. "It's not okay. But in time it will be, I promise. I love you Summer. I always have been and I know for sure that I always will be." Kellin mumbled, emotionless. 

I smiled. I wrapped my arm around his waist even tighter. "Thanks Kellin. I love you back. Hey, will you do something for me?" I asked.