The Lost Boy

Lily had gone to gather firewood while Henry cooked their meal. The fish browned over the spit that they were cooking it on and the berries dried over the coals. Henry looked around him and noticed just how beautiful Neverland actually was. Even the tall canopies that shaded the floor to make you think that it was night had an aura about them that was breathtaking. Little patches of light shone through the leaves, leaving sunbeams to sprinkle down onto the forest floor like rain. Henry lifted his head and looked around him, it was a while since Lily had been gone and there was no sign in the forest of her movements.

"Help! Henry!" Called Lily. Henry waited for a moment, maybe it was just his paranoia.
"HENRY PLEASE HELP ME!" Henry jumped up and ran toward the screaming. He ran to the clearing where the screaming was coming from and couldn't see Lily anywhere.

"You didn't play fairly Henry. You traveled outside the camp." Floating above him was Pan. He had an evil smirk on his face.

"Where's Lily?"

"She's not here, see, I created this whistle," Pan pulled out a metal whistle which had a fae marking on it "A dog whistle for a dog like you." Pan mocked. He blew into the whistle and out came the voice of Lily which cried, "Henry! Help me!".

Henry grew angrier at this display and Pan continued to speak. "I have no idea where she is at the moment, but I assure you, when I find her, she won't ever be found again."

"Why did you call me here?"

"I wanted the heart of the truest believer. That's the reason why Lily stares at you so strangely. She can sense magical properties about you."

"How do you know what was inside her head?" Henry balled his fists, ready to kill Pan at a moment's notice.

"What do you think I've been doing for the past month? I've been ripping her mind apart thread by thread. It's amazing that she's not insane by now! After all of my searching, it has been confirmed that you do have the heart of the truest believer. She is practically an encyclopedia of knowledge!"

Pan floated down near Henry. Henry was about to rush him, but he froze Henry in his tracks. Pan reached out to pluck Henry's heart when a loud yell was heard.

"STOP!" Lily swung out of the trees grasping a sword in one hand.

"I see the beast has escaped out of her cage!" Pan mocked.

"I may be a beast, but I know that I need to protect my family!"

He tortured me. He hurt my family. There is no reason I shouldn't kill him now!

Lily leapt into action. Pan created a magic sword for himself to use, but Lily was on the attack. Lily slashed, sliced and blocked every attack that Pan threw at her. It was as if Lily was cutting off her chains from Pan as she swung her sword at him.

"How sweet is this? The knight gets the damsel in distress and they live happily ever after, how pathetic." Mocked Pan.

Lily's overconfidence got the best of her. She was able to slice Pan's cheek with her sword. Pan's eyes turned ruby red when she did this. "I've just have had about enough of this monster!" Pan yelled. He used his magic to knock down Lily and to bind her wrists and ankles to a nearby tree. He used his magic to carry her higher and higher on the tree trunk until Lily could nearly see daylight when she rose to the top.

"This is what happens to beasts who disobey their masters!" Pan took out his sword and stabbed her in the shoulder to hold her down. Lily wailed in pain as he dug and twisted the sword from her shoulder to her rib cage. Pan mockingly stroked her face, "It's truly sad that you have to end like this, such a pretty face shouldn't have gone to waste,"

Lily spit in his face "You are the true monster!" She cried. Tears streamed down her face and she released the grip on her sword, finally dropping it to the ground. She was bruised and exhausted and had given up any hope that she would be able to save Henry. Pan plucked her heart from her and floated down to where Henry was still frozen. Henry was full of rage and tried to get himself to move but he simply couldn't.

"You sick b*st*rd!" Henry screamed "LET HER GO!"

"I will let her go if you make a deal with me, if you refuse," Pan squeezed Lily's heart and Lily began to fall into unconsciousness "She dies."

Henry gritted his teeth, "What do you want?" 

"I want a heart for a heart. You trade your heart, she gets her heart back. Or you both die right here, weak and useless."

Lily at this point was slumped down. She was losing too much blood. The sword that ran through her shoulder started to turn ruby red from the blood and her blood soon started to trickle down the tree from where she was tied up. Henry saw this and he knew that he couldn't let her die like this.

"Deal!" Henry tried to muster as much courage as he could when he said this. He knew that it would be certain doom for himself, but Lily didn't deserve to die yet.

"Good choice," As Pan said this he placed his hand on Henry's shoulder and both Henry's eyes and Pan's eyes flashed yellow. Lily fell to the ground from the tree and the sword pinning her down disappeared into dust. She hit the ground with a loud thud.

As soon as the yellow flash was gone from his eyes, Pan's body fell to the ground while Henry's remained standing. Henry was now free from the paralysis curse and could walk around freely. Henry's expression had changed from enraged to sinister. Henry's body walked over to Lily and returned her heart.

"You may be a monster, but I keep my promises." He sneered. Pan in Henry's body began to saunter away and disappeared into a cloud of smoke, leaving Henry inside his old body to rot on the forest floor of Neverland.