The Portal Downward

Henry was resting in the hospital after his fight with the pudgy man. His arm had been healed with Regina's magic and his head trauma had mostly gone away. Mary Margaret sat on the edge of Henry's hospital bed and talked with him about Lily's kidnapping.

"Henry, there was nothing we could do to stop the shadow." Sighed Mary Margaret

"Mary Margaret, I have to go to Neverland." Henry shifted his arm in the cast uncomfortably (Henry's arm was clearly healed, but Regina wanted to make sure). "It's the only way we'll get her back!"

"Henry, she's gone." Mary Margaret laid a hand on Henry's shoulder. "I'm so sorry."

Henry brushed off her hand quickly. "Why does everyone keep saying that? I know she's there and I know she's alive!"

Henry pushed himself off the hospital bed and walked over to the window. Outside he saw the streets if Storybrooke soaked in rain, each drop striking the ground in a hypnotic rhythm.

Back when he first met Lily, it was similar to this, except she was the one in the hospital bed. He remembered her staring at him as if perplexed by his being there. Henry thought to himself how strange she was. She was like no person he had ever met. She was cheerful yet melancholy, daring yet cowardly, a free spirit yet stubborn as they come.

"Hey Henry, did you wanna do something today?" Lily brushed the white hair out of her eyes as she jumped off the bed.

"Do something? Don't you have to stay in the hospital?"

"Oh, don't worry about it. It'll just be simple. Like going to a restaurant or whatever."

"A...restaurant?" A look of perplexment fell across Henry's face. "How do we even get access for you to exit the hospital?"

"Simple." Lily laughed. "We don't." She looked around and saw that there were slippers on the ground for her to wear. Quickly she slipped them off and began to walk out the door.

"Wait!" Henry chased after her. "Are you crazy? You don't even have a jacket!"

Lily held up her hand and stopped Henry in his tracks. She slipped off his coat and wrapped it around herself. "And neither do you."

Henry realized in that moment how much Lily meant to him. He had only known her for approximately a month, but he couldn't imagine any routine without her. She was his best friend and he was going to save her, he had to. Henry would no longer be all bark and no bite, for once he'd actually do something about it.

Henry threw off his shoulder sling and began to run down the hospital hallway as fast as humanly possible.

"Henry? Henry where are you going?" Mary Margaret called. "You're hurt! You have to stay and rest!"

"Sorry, no time, I've gotta save Lily!" By the time Henry responded, he was already out if the hospital doors and down the block. If he wanted to know anything about where Lily was taken, he'd have to ask the people who kidnapped her.

Henry crept into the police station with the key Emma gave him for emergencies. He knew that Emma and David were taking their breaks and wouldn't be back for another hour according to his watch (Emma and David got coffee like clockwork each work day).

He crawled into the main office and quietly took the keys from the hook on the wall. Henry snuck into the area where they kept the files and the criminals who were awaiting trial. Since Storybrooke was a relatively small town, only Tamara and Markus sat in the cell.

"Back for another round are yeh?" Markus rolled up his sleeves

"I want you to take me to where you brought Lily" Henry demanded.