Safe- Russia x Anxious!Depressed!Reader [REQUEST]

They walked.

The crowd of people hustling in front of the building.

Talking on cellphones, asking loved ones how their day has been. Teenagers walking their family dogs. Even elderly people just out for a stroll.

When you thought about signing up for the study trip to Russia, you expected it to be  vast tundras with little villages scattered around, like an off the grid type of deal. It was exactly what you needed to get away from everyone and find some motivation to study.

Instead, you got lost on the first day, finding out that the family housing you had backed out. You were given a hotel to stay at, paid for by the college. It wasn't too bad, quite small though. The city of Moscow was huge and busy, and horribly opposite to what you expected on this trip.

As soon as you got in the room, you threw your bag down and cried out of stress. You had no idea where to go, or when to go home. At least you knew enough Russian to get around.

After cleaning yourself up, you pulled out a clean pair of clothes, as your sweatshirt and leggings had gotten dirty from traveling. You balled up some courage (which was really hard to do at this point), grabbed a city map and your sling bag, and went downstairs to the lobby.

Stepping out into the streets of Moscow, you buttoned up your coat and read the map over with little motivation to go anywhere. Going the full tourist route, you began walking towards the Novodevichy Covent.

As you walked through the city, you were pushed and shoved around by crowds on city streets. You could feel your temples aching and eyes welling up as you were overwhelmed by everything. You felt more anxious by the second.

You couldn't take the going home traffic much longer, and stopped in a cafe. Taking off your coat and scarf, you collapsed at a table.

"Чем я могу вам помочь? (How can I help you?)" A waitress asked, smiling at you.

"Чай, пожалуйста, (I'd like some tea, please,)" you replied, faking a smile and speaking shakily.

The waitress left your table, and you pulled out your phone. As you scrolled through your camera roll of photos of your few friends, you felt homesick. It's only two weeks, you reassured yourself, but it was no use.

When your drink came, you drank it slowly while looking around. It was calming to be in such a quiet place for once. You finished and payed, gathering just enough motivation to step outside once more.

You walked towards the covent once more, this time with less crowds. When you got there, you smiled and pulled out your phone and decided to take a selfie in front of it. After looking at it, however, you sighed, cringed, and deleted it.

You used your camera to take a picture of just the building, and read some history about it. As you became invested in the travel brochure, your phone in your other hand, you heard quick footsteps. Before you could even look up, your phone- your communication source, camera, and connection to home- was snatched from your hand.

You ran after the thief, shouting "остановка! (Stop!)" and various curses at him. He was moving farther from you as you lost hope.

Just as you were about to stop running, you saw a very tall man stick his hand out. You couldn't see much, but you did see your thief run into the hand and get shoved onto the ground.

The tall and strong looking man placed a foot onto the criminal's chest, and leaned in. He whispered something that terrified the thief, grabbed your phone from his hand, and let him run away with his tail between his legs.

"я прошу прощения, (I am sorry,)" he said, his terrifying expression turning quickly into a kind smile. "Он не будет беспокоить вас больше. (He will not bother you anymore.)"

"С-Спасибо (T- Thank you)" you said shakily, taking the phone he was handing you.

"Не стоит благодарности! (You're Welcome/Don't mention it)" The man said, smiling. "Я Иван. И вы? (I am Ivan. And you are?)"

"(F/n)"

"Здравствуйте (F/N). (Hello/Good day (F/N)" He said, shaking your hand. "Your Russian is very good, for a foreigner."

"How did you..." you started, until he took your hand.

"I know someone who's not Russian when I see them" he smiled, walking you. "So what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm studying abroad." You said anxiously. "There was a mix up and I ended up sort of lost." You stuck the city map in your back pocket and scratched the back of your head.

"Oh, plans did not work? I can help with that." Ivan said, handing you a card that had an address written on it. "This is very nice hotel- you are free to use it."

"Oh wow, thank you." You said, clutching the card. "That's kind."

"There is no problem. I will see you soon!" He said, waving and walking away.

"Wait, how will-" you asked loudly, until he disappeared into the crowd. "How weird."

You read the card over and slipped it into your coat pocket. Better than the one the school got me.

As you walked back to get your stuff, you felt your nose beginning to run in the cold weather. As soon as you got inside your building, you unwrapped your scarf and breathed heavily.

You packed your stuff into your bags and got ready to go. You called a taxi, and waited out front for him.

After showing the driver the card, the car began and you sat back.

~

This is the place, huh? You thought, looking out the window of the car. You paid the driver and hopped out with your bags.

"Ah! Pretty Foreigner!" A familiar voice happily yelled. Ivan came out of the building and carried your baggage next to you. "What is wrong? You look upset."

"Oh? No, I'm fine." You said smiling. As he brought you into the building, you stood in awe at the beautiful lobby. It was obviously too expensive for you to afford, with beautifully carved ceilings decorated in red and gold.

"I can't afford this, I'm sorry for the trouble" you hastily said, with a tone of worry.

"It is my treat. You are beautiful and deserve to be happy." He said. You smiled and felt tears well up gently in your eyes.

"R- really?" You thought. You hadn't felt happy in so long. Most of the time, you felt nothing. Occasionally fear and loneliness. This was the first time someone had expressed care for your feelings in years- and he was a complete stranger from Russia. "Thank you."

He walked you to your room, passing two beautiful women in the lobby- one with long grey hair and a dress, and one with a blonde bob and button down. Ivan handed you a key, smiled once more and walked off.

Before leaving, he turned his head about 90 degrees and spoke.

"Dinner is at 7. I hope to see you."

~

You guessed it. This is a multi-parter.

I have a story plot, I promise you that. It's just too long for one part, so I hope you guys look forward to continuations!

Hope you had a nice holiday as well!

~Claire

Up Next: Iceland x Reader

After that: America x Suicidal Reader