Chapter 14

Robin and Kid Flash zeta beamed into the cave where the rest of the team was. Fire, Reaper, Phantom, Super Boy, Aqualad, and, the latest addition, M'gann aka Miss Martian.
They ran, Wally ran at human speed, to them with twin grins on their faces.
"Did you ask him?" Wally questioned. He was in civilian clothes. He had jeans, a cream colored long sleeve shirt, and an unbuttoned dark red button up. Robin had dark jeans, a green sweat shirt, a black jacket, and tinted dark sunglasses in place of his mask.
"He's arriving now." Aqualad replied with a slight smile.
"What are we waiting for?!" He asked excitedly before running off, still at human speed. Robin was the first to go after him. Fire just shook her head and went down on all fours to catch up. The others followed soon after them.
They met Red Tornado outside just as he was landing.
"Red Tornado!" Wally shouted as the android landed.
"Greetings, is there a reason why you intercepted me outside the cave?"
"We hoped you had a mission for us." Aqualad said calmly.
"Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility." Red Tornado stated.
"But, it's been over a week and nothings-" Robin was cut off when Tornado raised his hand and said, "You will be tested soon enough." He lowered his hand, "Fore the time being, simply enjoy each other's company."
Fire shrugged, accepting the answer with little difficulty and simply walked back inside.
"This team is not a social club." Aqualad said with a little hostility.
"No, but I for one would like to get to know you. It could help to know each other better." Phantom piped up. The others glared at him slightly while the others, except Reaper glared at him.
"Indeed. I am told that socializing is an important team building exercise." Tornado said in his monotone.
"Perhaps you can keep yourselves busy by familiarizing yourself with the cave." He said as he started walking in.
"Keep busy." Kid growled as he elbowed Rob.
"Hey, why don't we take his advice and just go?" Reaper asked impatiently. When they glared at him he took a deep breath.
"Let me put it this way, if you don't take my suggestion and stop glaring at us you'll be on the wrong end of an ectoblast. I'll also give you a sample of some overshadowing and post what I do in your body on YouTube."
Phantom snickered when he remembered when Danny did that to Tucker. He had been so mad! It was funny as hell though.
They stopped glaring at them and just settled on glaring at the grass instead.
"I would read his mind, but I can't do that to inorganic things." M'gann said with a crestfallen expression.
"It's okay, nice thought though." Wally said, his arm around Robin.
"Hey, you know what I'm thinking." He purred to Rob. The other boy rolled his eyes, but there was a small amount of pink on his cheeks.
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we all know what you're thinking right now." He said back.
"Now we tour the club house." Aqualad said. The two ghosts groaned and face palmed in unison.
"So stupid..." Phantom grunted while his boyfriend groaned in agreement.
"Well, Super Boy, Fire Wolf, and I live here. We could play tour guides." She suggested. They all turned to the two occupants of the cave that were there.
"Hey, where is Fire?" M'gann asked, suddenly realizing she wasn't there.
"She went inside." Super Boy said with a shrug. "She must've just accepted Tornado's answer."
"How about Rob and I explore ourselves." Wally said, glancing at his bird.
Robin sputtered for a second, "Really?"
"Yup."
"Team building," Phantom stressed.
"Aww!" Reaper whined, on the same page as Wally.
"Right, we'll all go." Aqualad decided. The two boys groaned while their counter parts rolled their eyes.
"So this would be our front door." Miss Martian said as she started the tour.
Time skip...

"This would be the back." She said as they all walked out.
"The cave is actually the entire mountain."
"It was hollowed out and reinforced by Superman and Green Lantern in the League's early days." Wally added.
"So why abandon it for the Hall of Justice?" Supes asked curiously.
"The cave's secret location was... compromised." Aqualad said.
"So they traded it in for a tourist trap? Yeah, that makes sense."
"If villian know of the cave, we must be on constant alert." The green skinned girl said. A laugh could be heard throughout the cave before Fire dropped down from, who knows where.
"The bad guys know that we know they know it's here." Fire said proudly.
"Oh! My voice is back by the way!" She added happily. Her voice was smooth and had a flirty edge to it that, Robin could tell, could turn into something protective and dangerous.
Super Boy smiled ever so slightly at hearing her speak again.
"Um, she means we're hiding in plain sight." Wally said with a light chuckle.
"Oh! Yeah, that's much clearer." She said.
"I thought that was pretty clear." Robin mumbled.
"That's because you're you." Wally remarked.
"You love me." Robin smirked.
"Guys!" Phantom yelled.
"So not the time." Reaper finished for him.
Super Boy sniffed the air and Fire followed suit, her nose crinkled at the smell.
"I smell smoke." SB announced.
The Martian gasped, "My cookies!" She flew away, leaving the others to follow after her brisk pace.

When they all got to the kitchen the cookies were burned and most likely stuck on the cookie sheet.
"I was trying out a recipe..."
"I'd bet they'd tasted great." They all looked over when they heard three munching sounds. Fire had three cookies in her hands, Danny had five, and Wally was in the middle of eating the rest of them.
"They don't seem to mind." Rob commented. The looked up at her.
"Fast metabolism." Fire said with a sheepish smile. The others nodded in agreement.
"I'll make more?" She half asked half said.
Phantom shook his head, "I'll tell was awesome that you made any in first place!"
"Mhmm!" Danny agreed with a thumbs up.
"Thanks Phantom, Reaper."
Reaper swallowed the cookie, "We're off duty, call me Danny." Robin glared at him, but the halfa didn't care.
"Wally West." Kid said.
"Kaldar'em, but my friends call me Kaldar."
When she looked at Robin Wally sped over and put an arm around his shoulders, "He can't tell you his name. Batman's rules."
"Mine is no secret. I'm M'gann Morriz. Or you can call me Megan! That's an earth name and I'm on Earth now."
Fire snorted at she finished her last cookie, "I hadn't noticed..." Reaper elbowed her in the ribs for that remark.
"Name's Fire Wolf. Don't need a human name." Her nose crinkled at the thought and a scowl adorned her features right after.
"Phantom is my name." Phantom said with a shrug.
Super Boy just started walking away because he didn't have an actual name.
Megan gave him a pitying look, don't worry Super Boy. We'll find you a human name too. She smiled slightly, but it was wiped away when Super Boy yelled, "Get out of my head!!!"
The others looked alarmed until she started talking to all of them.
I don't understand. Everyone on Mars communicates telepathically. They all winced and gripped their heads while Phantom and Danny just looked confused. Fire grit her teeth and literally kicked the Martian out of her head.
"M'gann, stop." Kaldar ordered.
"Things are different on Earth. Here, your powers are an extreme invasion of privacy." The Atlantian said in a more composed tone. The ghost's still looked confused.
"Wait, what happened?" Phantom asked.
"Yeah, what's everyone freaking out about?" Reaper asked curiously.
Megan looked at them oddly and focused on finding their minds. She almost screamed when she felt a rush of emotions and the feeling of being shocked by thousands of volts of electricity. Cold coils of raw emotion wrapped around her mind until she let go, which was a split second later.
"I can't talk to you telepathically!" She said a little too loudly.
They looked at each other then at Fire, "How did you do it then?"
The girl in question was sharpening her claws now.
The wolf girl glanced at them, "You had a link open and I've been through worse than what Megan just experienced."
Super Boy growled in anger, "Just stay out of my head."
"Geognomes back at Cadmus left a bad taste in his brain." Wally said as Supes glared at him.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"
She was cut off by Super Boy practically growling, "Just. Stay. Out."
He walked out of the kitchen to the couch and sat down. Fire glared at him and her eyes flashed red in warning, he'd gone too far. When they were allowed out of their pods, after she'd lost her voice, she spoke to him telepathically on more than one occasion.
Suddenly, she face palmed, "Hello Megan! I know what we can do!" She gracefully flew out of the room while the others shrugged at walked behind her. Well, Reaper and Phantom floated.
"Come on you big baby." Fire teased lightly.
Super Boy's lips twitched up a little as she dragged him up, put him in a loose head lock, and messed up his hair with her knuckles. The perfect brother sister picture. Supes moved her arm so that it was around his shoulders and glared at her with no real malice. Her silver eyes shined with amusement as they started making their way down the hall.

AN. TA-DA!!! Another chapter as promised!! That's a wrap!