Chapter 12

Danny, what do we do? Phantom questioned.
Reaper thought for a moment while they followed the geomorphs who were dragging their friends away.
I think we should wait until the time is right. Did you see the way Fire looked at us? She might give us a signal.
Phantom rolled his eyes, or that might've been a trick.
If it was a trick she would've taken us out by now! Reaper snarled.
Hey! Keep it down! Almost all of the geomorphs have telepathic abilities! In other words, if you talk too loud they might hear you.
The ghosts flinched at the sudden addition to their conversation. In their universe, soul mates could potentially speak that way. Seeing as they were ghosts it was a given that they would be able to do that. The first time they did that though was...not pretty to say the least.
Sorry if I scared you, but you have to be quiet. Fire was walking behind Super Boy with a slight scowl of irritation, but nothing else clued anyone in that something was amis.
What do we do? They asked at the same time.
A growl echoed through their minds, don't do anything until I do. With that, the connection was cut off and resumed floating and walking in silence. The four of them watched as the side-(*gets glared at by Roy...again*) partners were put into the cloning pods. The ghost teens were glaring at everyone while Fire glared at Super Boy to keep him from telling anyone about the other two occupants of the room.
"Clone them and get rid of the originals. They will serve the light." The head scientist sneered.
Wake them up. The wolf girl hissed quietly. The boys nodded slightly while the black haired clone looked slightly confused.
Reaper shot Kid with a small ice blast and overshadowed Kaldar for a split second. Phantom just shook Robin a little, fearing that he would die again if he did anything else.
(Robin: *cackles*
Me: *looks at Phantom with raised brow*
Phantom: What!? From what I was told about this universe, Robin can be pretty fucking scary!!
Danny: He's 13!
Me: He's also Batman's kid.
Robin: Yeah, if I don't get you the bat will.
Batman: *throws bat-a-rang at Danny and just barely misses*
Danny: *glares at Batman*
Me: *sees the incoming fight* Okay! That's enough! On with the story!)
Robin and Aqualad groan while Kid Flash squeaks at the cold that was shot at him.
Super Boy just ignores it and takes the wolf girl's silent warning, not like she could actually tell him anyway.
He looks at the heroes with his usual glare.
"Hey! We tried to help you guys! Why did you turn on us!?" KF yelled. Fire's lips twitched up, and not in a good way either.
"Kid, shut up." Robin hissed to his boyfriend.
Aqualad glanced at Kid, "They probably aren't doing this by choice."
Super Boy looked at his friend and back up at Aqualad, "What if...What if we weren't?"
"He can talk?!" Kid Flash said way too loudly.
The boy in question glared at the redhead, "Yes, I can!"
"What about her?" Robin asked curiously as he started picking the locks on his restraints.
Fire's ears flicked and she furrowed her brow before opening her mouth to speak, "I can, but..." she cleared her throat in an attempt to get rid of the roughness, "not now...hasn't healed."
Super Boy glared at her and she shut her mouth with a huff.
"Do you know what you are?" Aqualad asked softly. Fire's nose wrinkled as she started to growl softly. Phantom and Reaper landed at her sides and each put a hand on her tense right and left shoulders.
"I am a clone of Superman. I am meant to be his replacement or, if he turns away from the light, his end."
"Please, let us help you. No one should have to live like this." Aqualad said.
The girl looked at Super Boy and whined.
"My home is here! At Cadmus!" He growled.
"Your home is a test tube." Robin said calmly, but there was a cold edge to his words.
SB calmed down enough to listen to KF ask, "Have you even been outside?" Fire's ears perked up and she raised her hand as if to say, 'I have!'
The black haired boy she called a friend glanced at her, "I have images and before Fire lost her voice she told me a few things...but no, I haven't."
"We could take you to see the sun!" Robin shouted excitedly despite their position.
"Actually, I think it's night now, but we can show you the moon." KF corrected.
"We could even introduce you to Superman." Aqualad said. Super Boy looked at and smiled ever so slightly before the door opened.
"You won't be able to do that. Weapons, go back to your pods." The head scientist said.
They didn't move from their spots. Then, the cloning process was started and the heroes screamed. The wolf girl growled and nodded to the ghost teens who where already at their friend's sides.
They phased Kid Flash and Aqualad out of the restraints while Robin unlocked his and flipped out of the pod.
"I'm glad Batman wasn't here. He'd have kill me for taking so long!"
"Really? That's what your focused on right now?!" Kid Flash shouted as Reaper set him down. Phantom followed after with the Atlantian.
"Sorry we didn't act sooner. Fire said not to do anything until she did."
The silver eyed girl threw three perfectly aimed fireballs at the glass balls that contained the heroes' blood.
"Go." She said as loudly as she could.
Supes glared at her reprimandingly before they all started running down the halls.
Super Boy directed them and they ran into a 'dead end'.
"Great! Now we're trapped!" Wally yelled.
Robin looked up and saw an air vent, "No, this is perfect!" Phantom wordlessly flew up and took the vent cover off with ease.
The other heroes quickly went into the vent while Reaper put the cover back on behind them.
They went through in silence with Fire glaring at nothing because she had to put her flame out.
Then, her ear flicked and she stopped. KF stopped to seeing as he was behind her.
"What? What is it?"
"Noise...shouldn't be here..." Fire rasped back.
Robin stopped and listened too. He had a map in front of him to tell him where to go and turned on the inferred.
"Geomorphs following us." The boy wonder started working on his hologlove as he crawled faster, the other trailing behind him just as fast.
When they exited the vent Robin grinned as he said, "I hacked the motion sensors."
"Awesome!" KF said with a smile. The black haired boy had a faint blush on his face as they started moving again.

I'm super excited so I'm skipping to the part where the Justice League come to get their partners.

Me: *glares at Roy* Happy?

Roy: *nods with a slight glare*

Me: *huffs in annoyance* On with the story!

"Look! The moon!" Kid Flash said. Super Boy looked up at it in awe. Fire laughed slightly and took a deep breath of the fresh air.
Superman flew down to them.
"And Superman! Do we keep our promises or what?" KF exclaimed.
SB smiled and walked up to Superman. He pulled the torn part of his suit up to show the big blue boy scout, his smile growing a little.
Superman just looked appalled with his wide eyes.
"Is that what I think it is?" Batman demanded.
Fire, who heard that question and immediately ignited her flame, marched up to the Dark Knight with her eyes a blazing dark red.
She started signing a bunch of things and they made his eyes narrow. Her gaze, however, didn't waver as she told him off and walked away.
Robin's jaw was slack before he broke out into a laughing fit.
"He is Super Boy." Kid snarled.
Robin nodded as he leaned onto his boyfriend for support, both from injuries and from laughing.
"We've created something great. Something powerful." Aqualad said, stepping up.
"Stand down." Aquaman ordered.
"I apologize my king, but I will not."
"Why not let them use what you taught them?" Reaper asked as he walked up with Phantom.
"If this is about how you were treated at the hall the three of you-" Flash started.
"Seven of us and no, it's not." Kid said harshly. The ghost teens and Cadmus experiments had small smiles when they were included.
Batman glared at them, "We can talk about this-"
"Why are we letting them tell us what to do? It's simple!" Super Boy glared at the JLA.
"It's either you get on board or get out of the way."
Batman glared at them, but, seeing the determination in their eyes, relented. He had some work to do...

AN. Okay, so, there's that! Hope you liked it and don't mind the fact that I get over excited. That's a wrap!