Chapter 16 (Pickles and revenge)

I moaned and rubbed my eyes.

"Luke hurry up"  I whined as Sarah braided my hair. She chuckled and stood back when she was done. "There" she smiled satisfied.

I thanked her then continued to yell for my mate. I wanted to see how long it took him before he broke under the pressure.

Finally he ran in and handed me the plate of pickles his face nervous. I grabbed the plate and made a face.

"Luke these aren't the kind I wanted!" I wailed.

Panic streaked across his face and he bent down to take them. I laughed and pulled them back. "Baby I'm just kidding gah you need to relax"

He sighed in relief and rubbed his hands over his face.

"I'm going to go find Adrain" Sarah chuckled waving. I waved back then patted the spot next to me on the bed.

"Luke come here"

Warily he moved forward and laid down next to me.

"Luke relax I'm fine" I whispered rubbing my hand on his chest slowly. He sighed and leaned his head back closing his eyes.

Slowly I moved forward and pressed my lips to his. We hadn't really touched each other like this since Adrain got better and it was like Luke was afraid he was going to break me or something.

His eyes flew open and jerked away.

Hurt spiraled through me and I turned my head trying desperately to hide my tears. Was it because I was fat now?

Did he not want me anymore?

I felt a tear slide and angrily wipe it away.

"Are you crying? Shit....Emma look at me"

I shook my head and sniffled slightly.

He grabbed my chin and turned my head till I was facing him. A pained look crossed his face and he gingerly wiped my tears away.

"Don't cry please don't cry" he whispered.

"You don't want me anymore. Is it because I'm fat now? Do I look horrible?" I cried.

He sighed then suddenly pressed his lips agasint mine and kissed me with so much want and lust I was left breathless.

He pulled back and cupped my face.

"You've never been more beautiful my little mate but.....I'm afraid I'll forget and hurt you or the babies. Its been so long my body craves even just the simplest touch from you" he whispered running his thumb along my bottom lip.

I smiled and nipped his thumb making heat flare in his eyes.

"You'd never hurt me Luke" I whispered.

Just as our lips were about to touch the doors busted open. "we caught a scent!"

Excitement and anger pulsed through me at the thought of my attacker. I wanted to do nothing more but rip the coward apart. But I knew Luke would never let me anywhere near the person who attempted to kill me and I had to think of my children.

But if  I wasn't pregnant.

It'd be going down.

"where?" Luke asked on full alert now.

The solider probably now realising he'd interrupted us shifted nervous and glanced down. "Uh west side of the forest and it appears he's been there repeatedly"

I stiffened relizing the west side of the forest was were we always ran. No wonder he was able to get to us to easily. But even then he'd have to go past the wall that was guarded 24/7 and had a spell enchanted on it.