"Happy Anniversary..." (Fluff)

Francis was wondering around outside. His lover told him about a kiddie park nearby, and they agreed to meet up there. Obviously, Francis was early because he didn't want his love to wait up for him.

After walking around aimlessly for a few minutes, Francis ended up standing in front of the last pair of swings. It was the furthest away from the main play structure, and the closest to the dark wooded area, so the two swings were empty, as the mothers wouldn't want their kids playing in such a... shady area.

Francis sat down on the left swing, the one closest to center from where he had stood. He looked down at the mulch beneath his elevated body, his feet digging into the wooden bits and dirt beneath that layer.

Francis used to be a vain man, until he met his Lover. Ever since the day they met, Francis has grown to be more caring and happier, but only with his boyfriend around. Without the other, Francis was sluggish and depressed. Once when his lover went out for business, Francis actually fell ill.

Francis sighed sadly, feeling his emptiness slowly eat him away. The usual doubts that came around when he was alone slowly crept up on the blonde. He bit his lip in worry, wondering why his boyfriend hadn't shown up yet, wondering where he was, if he was hurt, if he still loved him...

"Francey~"

Francis' head lifted up fast, a smile immediately gracing his features when he saw his boyfriend running up to him.

"Alfred! Where have you been..?" Francis stood up slowly, embracing his boyfriend happily. "I missed you.."

Alfred chuckled softly, hugging back and speaking gently, "I had to buy some things, sorry I took so long."

Francis smiled, automatically feeling happier in the presence of his boyfriend. "Why'd you want to meet in this park?"

As Francis spoke, it didn't go unnoticed to him that his boyfriend's hand was traveling down his arm and clasping Francis' hand tightly.

Alfred smiled shyly and gently started leading Francis away from the swings, "I wanted to do something special for you.. guess what today is?"

Francis tried to think, really he did. But he couldn't stop looking at the dirty blonde hair of his Lover. "I-I don't know..."

Alfred laughed softly and looked at the forgetful Francis, "It's our anniversary."

Francis' eyes widened slightly and he suddenly felt sad, "I forgot.. I'm Sorry..." Francis looked at Alfred apologetically.

Alfred chuckled and shook his head "no Francis, don't be sorry. I didn't remind you because I wanted to surprise you." Alfred led the confused Francis to an area shaded by trees. Even though it was late afternoon, the trees offered a soft cover from the still setting sun. Under the trees was a cozy picnic table, and upon the picnic table were two set places complete with food, candles, and wine.

Francis was surprised to say the least, and greatly touched to say the most. "Alfred you didn't have to do this.." He tried to protest but it wasn't like he wanted to, especially since Alfred was already bringing him over to the table. Francis sat slowly, eyes raking over the table and picking out all his and Alfred's favorite foods, noticing the lack of hamburgers.

Alfred sat across from him and smiled warmly at Francis as he picked up the plate of carved turkey at the center of the table. "Ready to start eating?"

Francis could only nod and accept some food off every plate, hesitantly tasting a bite of everything and being caught off guard at the delicious taste.

Francis and Alfred began to dig in to the delicious food in front of them, Alfred even trying not to shove everything down his throat. The two made happy conversation that left both with wide smiles after everything was gone.

The couple left the table, holding hands and walking around the park slowly. They took a while to eat, so now the park was semi dark and clear of noisy kids. Alfred and Francis both enjoyed the date, and they stopped their walk in front of the park fountain.

"I love you Francis.." Alfred spoke softly, taking both Francis' hands in his and squeezing them gently.

Francis smiled and squeezed back softly, "I love you Alfred."

Alfred and Francis smiled wider simultaneously and leaned in, kissing each other softly.

Both the males whispered a "Happy Anniversary.." to each other before heading back to Francis' home, to continue their anniversary night there.