Chapter 8: The Rehash

Tristan, Braden and Kendall were getting bored. They were literally just lying around in Braden's room. "Do you want to go get Brent?" Tristan asked. Kendall laughed. "If we go get him, he'll just complain that we didn't get him sooner." Said Kendall.

Braden and Tristan laughed. Sadly, it was true. Brent was whiny. "So. . ." Said Braden. "Any new movies out?" He continued. Kendall and Tristan laughed to themselves. Braden was confused.

"What?" He asked. Their laughter grew louder. Braden rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He sighed. Their laughter died down. "Sorry." Said Kendall, trying to restrain her laughter. "We just remembered a joke." She continued.

Braden rolled his eyes again. He didn't know why they weren't telling him something. Braden laid there, not knowing what to think about. He tried to remember what he used to think about when he was bored. For the most part, he'd just watch TV.

But when he was really bored with nothing to do, he'd think about stories he'd made up. One time he made up a story about a magic world of sorcery in the very early A.D. years. He centered it around a man who was on the run from the police.

There was a town called Katarazi in this world, and using magic was a crime, and if you protested with magic, they'd call the dark wizards to handle you. In this world, the dark wizards were mystical sorcerers with a completely unknown origin.

Their age was unknown, and they weren't held to any moral code, that anyone knew of. They never sided with only good or bad, they sided with whoever payed them the highest.

Anyway, this man was on the run because he used sorcery in public by accident. He picks up companions and friends along the way. This man, who Braden named Daeblyn, ran away from the city of Katarazi.

As he ran out of Katarazi, he stopped at the small town of Cukdai, only a mile out of Katarazi. In Cukdai, he met a sorcerer who called himself The Masked One. He never showed his face, hence his title.

The Masked One spoke of a temple in the great city of Argoraek, the so called town of the gods. In this temple supposedly laid a book on the dark wizards past. If Daeblyn could retrieve it, he'd have a source of blackmail. With that, he could make the wizards do anything.

Daeblyn and his companions ran through the Kushlon deserts, into the Harlak jungle, and out of the Gaarjik marsh, and finally, to the Argoraek plains. There, Daeblyn met The Masked One, to his surprise.

The Masked One revealed that he was in fact a dark wizard, and he would now kill Daeblyn and his friends for attempting to defy the high authority of the dark wizards. Anyway, Daeblyn and his companions defeated the dark wizards and the story ended.

Comment here if I should write this book.

Braden would think of the scenes of that story over and over. He thought of what it would be like if they made it into a movie, or if he'd written down and published. He had decided against it. Braden had tried to get his book out there on Wattpad, but no one really cared about his story.

He'd decided that if people wouldn't read it for free, no one would pay for it. As Kendall and Tristan say there thinking about Lord knows what, Braden almost fell asleep. You'd think that he wouldn't be comfortable laying in the floor.

It was actually not to horrible. Just as Braden was dozing off, Brent stormed into the room; Tristan, Kendall, and Braden's heads all shot up bolt rite. "Guys, what the heck?! Why didn't you tell me you were hanging out sooner?!" Brent exclaimed. The three of them broke into hysterical laughter.