48: Back Together

The morning comes with the sound of my phone singing a lot louder than I'd like it to. Sans and I wake up with a groan.

"Wan me ta answer it?" Sans asks groggily.

I roll onto my side and twist my legs around one of his and wrap my arms around him. I rest my head on his chest. I wave my arm down saying It's-Fine-Leave-It-Be.

My phone stops ringing and we both wait for a voice to start coming through it.

"Ssoooooo," Chara starts. "I see you didn't come back and you didn't answer my call."

"Chara! Leave them alone. It's early. They're probably still sleeping." Asriel yells in the background.

"Anyway, it's nice to know you two got back together with a bang."

"Shut the fuck up Chara!"

"Ok, ok. I'll let you two do your thing." She says and ends the voicemail.

"Living with Chara had to be like living with a child. You got feel for AZ." Sans says.

When I was underground I was living with both Chara and Asriel. Chara was always acting like that. You got used to it after a while.

'It's not that bad...I guess.' I roll back into my back and sign to the ceiling.

Sans and I move closer to each other without saying anything for a while. I've really missed this.

"Wanna take a trip?" Sans asks after what feels like hours pass.

Almost instantly I get nervous. If this trip is like the last I'm never seeing him again...if I make it out alive. I sit up and looks at him very concerned.

"Don't worry," he says and sits up in front of me. "It's just underground. I figured we could take a trip down memory lane."

I take an internal sigh of relief and nod. 'Sounds like a plan.'

Sans runs a hand through my hair and kisses me. "Go get dressed. I'll meet you downstairs." He says and teleports downstairs.

I look through the closet and all of the drawers. T-shirts, jean, leggings and shorts that I've worn about one hundred times. I'm being picky today.

My eyes catches a glimpse of my fixed sweater in the corner. I hold it in front of me. It doesn't even look like there's a seem or like it was sewed at all. I pull it over my head and look in the mirror. It's a little tight but comfortable. I throw on some black leggings and high topped sneakers. I braid my hair and put on my glasses.

I smile as I look at myself in the mirror. I look like a little kid. I like it!

I skip down the stairs and jump down the last four.

Sans turns around. "And you said you weren't pretty."

I smile and blush a little. 'Thanks Sans.' Is all I can think to sign.

He puts a hand on my neck and the other on my waist. I didn't realize how short this sweater was on my until now. I flinch and jump back from feeling his hand on my skin.

'Sorry! I'm not used to wearing this.'

"I can't tell." He holds out his arm to me. "Lets go."

I take it as he opens a shortcut to the underground.