31

thursday october 27, 2016

i sighed, bringing my knees up to my chest. shawn and i haven't talked in weeks, and i haven't posted much on social media.

i finished all my schoolwork, so i was just laying around. "lauren!", mom called. i groaned, getting up and hurrying downstairs. "there's a package for you sweetie" i nodded and grabbed the box from the table. before heading back upstairs i grabbed a banana.

once i reached my bed i threw the box on my desk and laud back down. my phone made a ping noise and i checked my notifications.

shawn mendes: 📦

wait. what?

i just received a package.

i quickly jumped off of my bed and sprinted to my small desk, grabbing the square box and a pair of scissors.

the scissors slid across the tape quickly, and i pulled open the tabs. the first thing in the small box was an envelope. i tore it open and read it carefully, soaking in every handwritten word.

dear lauren,

i'm so so so sorry to do this to you again. you deserve someone so much better than me to be there for you. turns out someone leaked my number, (i wonder who) so i had to get a new number.

and you probably tried to contact me on twitter too, but when andrew found out that my number was leaked because i gave it out on twitter he decided that i shouldn't be responsible for my own social media accounts. he changed the passwords and is posting for me.

i know i don't deserve another chance, but please, give me one. i won't screw up this time i promise. i'll be the one to message you first, and i'll respond as soon as i can.

i love you lauren, so much. i don't know if you feel the same, but please. i sent you a little gift with my new number. even if you don't text back, please use & enjoy it.

with all my love,
shawn

wait, am i breathing? is he serious? i was mad, but i knew it was probably true, and wasn't his fault.

i looked down into the box and saw a crisp white box. i screamed and my fingers quickly wrapped around the iphone box. i opened the box to see an iphone 6s plus.

well i was definitely forgiving him now. i turned on the phone and saw there was a message from a canadian number.