nau

*19 Days BeFoUr*

Liam was never the one to drink until he would pass out. He liked drinking but not the point where he lost consciousness. Even as a curious teenager, he didn't quite understand why people were attracted to losing their mind and making the biggest mistakes of their lives. No thank you, he actually enjoyed knowing about his whereabouts and avoided making mistakes at all costs.

So he was quite surprised when he woke up to the cold wind slapping away at his naked chest, as he lounged against the trunk of the apple-less tree. A groan left his lips as he craned his neck to get a problematic kink out of it. Liam didn't remember drinking that much, actually, he didn't remember drinking at all. The last thing that came to his mind was that his mother was going to visit him soon and then nothing. Confused, he squinted his eyes to look around for any clue as to how he had gotten there. A small shiver passed his spine. It was very cold. Liam started to cover his bare chest with his arms but found his left arm unable to move. Unconsciously, his eyes turned to discover what was restricting him. A glance and he knew exactly what had happened.

Liam hadn't been drinking and he had maintained his streak of drinking without passing out. However, regarding the circumstances, it would've been intelligent, genius even, if he had chosen to do that instead of what he had done. He had made a crucial mistake. He had fallen asleep.

" Li, don't move please," Zayn spoke from under all the covers that laid over him, the only thing Liam could see was the tuft of silver hair and it was enough to put him in an inexplicable state of panic. Haphazardly, he jumped off the ground earning a distinct howl of pain from the other boy. For a second, he halted completely wanting nothing more than to tend to Zayn and his wounds, but he knew how it would end and he wasn't looking forward to it.

He didn't understand how he had let this happen. He had tried his best to make a schedule as such that he'd fall asleep for only as long as it was required and not for long enough to experience this. Why wasn't his alarm working? His mother should be in his room by now. Why wasn't she waking him up?

" Li! Please don't leave me." His heart cracked at the brokenness of Zayn's voice but his conscience was too strong to let him go through the torture of having to see his beloved go through the agony again. The Alpha knew he merely had minutes before Zayn would start screaming and he wouldn't be able to do anything. He'd only watch as the love of his life would scream. And scream. And scream, until his voice would go away. If Liam would be lucky that day, he'd wake up after that but his luck wasn't the best and most of the days he'd have to sit and count Zayn's breaths, holding him in his arms as he started screaming again.

He couldn't go through that again. He couldn't bare being utterly helpless as his beloved screamed in anguish, the pain getting worse every second.

" No." Liam slapped himself hard and tried to open his eyes wider. " Wake up." He jumped up and down trying to return to the real world.

" Why do you want to leave me so bad, Li? Just stay here with me for a little longer." Liam pressed his nails into his palms as hard as he could. His eyes clenched shut. It was ironic how much Liam wanted to see Zayn and yet how hard he tried to avoid that in his dreams. He couldn't bear to see Zayn or else he'd forget that he wasn't the real Zayn, just the dream Zayn. Liam had long given up on the idea that these dreams had any more meaning than to torture him and guilt him. His Zayn did not look like dream Zayn. Dream Zayn was desperate, his eyes weren't the right shade of brown and even the hair seemed insignificant. Nothing about him was Zayn-like and he was just too hollow.

" Won't you see what you've done to me, Li. " And it was starting. Liam covered his ears as best as he could but the voices that fell out of Zayn's lips were imprinted in his mind and even thinking about them he could hear them like an overplayed song.