chey

*68 days beFoUr*

" It's almost the same dream every time but it just..." He brought his hand up from beside his thigh to wipe the tear that had managed to escape his eye. " It just gets worse every time." He sniffled.

Karen carded her hand through his hair untangling the knots as gently as possible. She had been coming to fetch him for dinner when she heard his scream. Another nightmare, he had told him when he was coherent enough. Now with his head in her lap, laying on the couch, he was telling her exactly what it was about.

Karen was aware of how attachments worked but never in the forty years she had lived had she ever witnessed something like this. From the very beginning, it was very different from the other cases and with time it only grew stranger. Liam could sense Zayn and vice versa. They could even feel each other's distress at times. It only led them to believe that they were destined for each other. But the future held something completely different. Liam and Zayn weren't mated to each other, instead, they were caught up in a strange attachment which only caused problems for the both of them. At first, they thought everything would be fine and the attachment bond would dim under the mate bond but what happened was actually quite the opposite. Every day their feelings for each other only grew and no matter how much distance they maintained from each other they were always together in their minds and most importantly, their hearts.

" He's hurting, mum. I don't want to hurt him." Another sob separated itself from Liam's chest. Karen sighed.

" I know, baby. I know." It wasn't the most comforting thing she had ever said to someone but it was the only thing she could offer. What was she supposed to say? Is it fine? That he wasn't hurting Zayn? She was not much of a liar. Instead, she just let him relieve himself of the emotions that were putting him in a terrible state of mind.

Her hand stopped moving as she heard heavy footsteps fairly close to where they were. Liam sniffled swallowing the ever growing lump in his throat. He didn't want to be seen in his current state. After all, It wasn't very Alpha-like to be bawling your eyes out with your head rested on your mother's lap. But moving felt like too big of a task right now.

" Liam you stupid stupid...mama Luna, I'm sorry I didn't see you there." Fortunately for him, it was just Louis. A very irritated looking Louis, though. Liam got himself into a semi-sitting position and rubbed his eyes rather harshly. Louis' had a polite smile on his face but his eyes were blazing with anger.

" Welcome back beta Louis. How was your journey?" Karen asked.

" It was fine. Everything went well." Louis' tone was assuring. He shifted his gaze towards his alpha and as soon as their eyes met all the anger left his eyes.

" I'll see if I can get you lads some late dinner." Both the boys hummed. Louis' eyes hadn't left Liam. The latter could almost see the question dancing on his lips. His friend wasn't the most patient person ever and it should actually be considered an achievement that he didn't start the interrogation with Luna Karen still in the room.

" What the hell Liam? I go for a month and this is what I come back to?" He started pacing around the room. " The first greeting I get is Mama Trisha shouting at her mate." Liam's gaze followed him as he turned and started walking towards the opposite side. He wanted to ask why but his lips didn't move. " Then she's shouting at me and threatening me to keep you away from Zayn." That got to him.

" What?" It came out as a whisper. Why would she that? Why would she be shouting in the first place? It just didn't seem like her.

" Yes and then I come to bang your head open and I can't even do that because you're miserable. Now I know I didn't leave you in the best state but it was way better than this. Are you going to tell me what the hell happened or am I going to have to beat it out of you?" Louis' voice grew louder at the end. Liam's head started pounding. He was too exhausted for this but if he knew anything about Louis, he knew he was going to have to start talking.

Every Single Jigsaw Piece (Ziam Au) (boyxboy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara