Michael said.

She promptly stopped.

Vicki laughed at him. “Michael, I think she might have a little tummy ache.”

Oh no.

“Noni, are you okay baby? Tell daddy if you’re hurting.”

She didn’t bat an eyelash.

Michael broke eye contact with his daughter for a brief moment.

“Do you think I should take her to the pediatrician?” He asked.

“I’d say so. I mean if she’s going like this, it’s definitely diarrhea. But you wanna make sure it’s not worse.” Vicki responded.

Michael sighed, looking down at Noelle.

“We gotta get you some medicine.”

August 21st, 1998

Mariah brought a basket of laundry into the bedroom and started folding up the babies’ clothes.

They're getting so big.

She folded a few more shirts when she felt a hand press against the small of her back. Soon, Michael started helping fold the clothes.

“I'm gonna miss this.” He said quietly.

Mariah observed his forlorn expression for a while before turning back to the pile of clothes she'd already folded. She remained quiet and focused.

He stopped and looked over at her. “I just didn't think you'd never want more kids.”

“You really want another baby?” She asked.

Michael turned to face her. “Why would you even-”

She gripped his hands. “Baby, I really don't want to bring another kid into this world without my family around.”

Michael raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean? Your mother-”

“Not her.” Mariah said. “I mean Morgan.”

He rubbed her arms. “Mariah, I don't know what you want me to do. I'm not a judge or anything.”

“No, but I know you know lawyers. Just help me find somebody to get him off or something.”

“I still don't think we should get involved.” Michael said.

Mariah stepped forward, closing the space between them, and placed his hand on her stomach. “If you help me with this I'll give you another baby.”

Michael stepped back, shaking his head. “Don't make promises you're not gonna keep.”

“Who said I wasn't? I will give you another kid if you help me with my brother.” Mariah said.

Noticing Michael's conflicted face, she moved away and went back to folding clothes.

“I'll let you think about it.”

August 27th, 1998

Mariah was in the studio recording a cover of Brenda's song I Still Believe as a way of thanking her friend for jump-starting her career. Walter was producing the new arrangement of the song.

Shawntae dropped by the studio, and Nick managed to tag along.

“Hey Mariah.” Nick said, holding his arms out for a hug.

Mariah hesitated before accepting the hug. Nick pulled her in for a tight squeeze, his hands sliding slowly down her back.

“H-hi.” She said, quickly pulling away and then hugging Shawntae.