Michael giggled. “Stop looking at me like that, you make me think there’s something on me.”

Noelle laid back down on his chest.

Michael went back to working out the kinks of the melody.

You are the sun

You are the-”

Plop.

“Uh-baby are you?”

Michael felt a tiny drop in Noelle’s diaper. And before long, the scent came along with it.

He felt around her baby bag for diapers and…

Nothing.

He stood up, placing Noelle down in her car seat and strapping her in, and went toward the back of the aircraft.

“Vicki.” Michael said, trying to awaken his assistant. “Vicki!”

Vicki jumped up. “Yeah?”

“Did you bring extra diapers?”

Vicki raised an eyebrow, wiping her dry eyes. “No, I thought you got them.”

Michael sighed. “Really?”

“Yeah, really.”

Shit.

“Well do you think there’s anything else on here we can use?” He asked.

“I’m pretty sure there would be nothing on a jet plane that you could use to suffocate a baby’s poop stench Michael.”

Michael frowned at her. “I’m serious, can’t you- Oh god. Do you smell that?”

Vicki nodded, covering her nose.

“That is… that is my baby.” Michael continued, theatrically.

“What do you guys feed her?” Vicki joked. “Go check on her. Make sure her stomach isn’t bubbling or anything.”

Michael went to go check on his baby. Upon returning to her, he noticed her diaper looked unusually full.

“Baby, I’m asking you, whatever you do, do not go number two anymore. You will break your diaper and we don’t have anything else for you.” Michael pleaded.

Noelle didn’t care. She had to go.

Michael could tell she was trying to push more out. “Noni! Stop! You’re gonna get doo doo everywhere.”

She kept pushing and pushing, causing her diaper to come apart.

“Oh god! Vicki get something to catch this stuff!” Michael shouted, dangling Noelle away from his body.

Vicki ran into the lavatory and came back with a bunch of balled up paper towels.

“Really? What am I supposed to do with that?” Michael shouted, exasperated.

Vicki, wide-eyed and terrified, shrugged at him. “Do you have a better idea?”

Michael huffed. “You know what, get that newspaper out of my bag.”

Vicki handed him the newspaper and watched as he carefully removed the soiled diaper from his daughter, wiped her, and wrapped her in newspaper. He slowly slid the soiled diaper into a plastic bag and placed gave it to Vicki to throw in the wastebasket. When he was done, he sanitized his hands.

“What is going on with you Noni? That was- Uh oh.”

Noelle started pushing again.

“Noni, please, this one time. I am begging you. I have nothing else, I can’t do this anymore.”