Chapter 13 - Thanksgiving break

1 Month later
*DAMON POV*

Today is Monday November 21 and it's 4 days away from being thanksgiving. I'm heading home, home to my territory where I can eat my mothers home cooked food and see my family and pack and be grateful. The best part of it all is that lamiya's said that she would come with me. No her and Jamie didn't break up or anything it's just that he already left yesterday to be with his family and I don't know why she stayed here but I'm just happy she did cause now we can spend some alone time together more and she can meet her future in laws and the pack can finally met their luna. I already told the pact that when we get there they are to not mention wolves and of course to treat her with respect but I know that they'll do that anyways, they've been waiting years too for me to find her and now that I have I know they will treat her as one of their own.

We'll leave as soon as she is ready it will only take us 3-4 hours to get there so we should be there around noon. Right now we're in her dorm while she is still packing last minute things and I'm talking with bre and k.c. We've all actually became close friends. And when I say all I mean (all) k.c, bre, Jamie, lamiya, and I. Since micheal, Jason,and Neal left they are the only ones I hang with and we surprisingly are friends. K.c and bre both know that me and lamiya are mates and they understand the situation and what has to happen with Jamie when me and my mate are finally together. Jamie went to visit his family and k.c and bre are staying here since their families are here with their pack. Lamiya and her family aren't really that close and she didn't want to be alone for thanksgiving so I asked if she wanted to go with me and she said yes.

In this last month me and lamiya not only became close friends but we've gotten to know each other better. I feel like I've known her for years, she is not only beautiful but she is also very smart, funny and her personality is very unique. Her laugh too her laugh is weird she snorts sometimes but her snorts are adorable to me, maybe it's cause it's her because I know if it was any one else it would be a turn off for me. Everybody also found out about lamiya's attack and now most of the humans are afraid of the slightest noise they hear and scared of any wolf they see even if it isn't a rogue they scream and run away. The last few weeks I've tried telling lamiya the truth but every time she even hears the words wolf, wolves or even woods she visibly gets scared. I know I need to tell her but I just can't, I don't want her to hate or be afraid of me in anyway. It's dangerous for alpha Samuel's pack to even take a run in their own territory without fearing being seen by one of these annoying humans. It's so bad that some of these humans are hunters with guns that ain't afraid to shot if they see a wolf I don't know how Samuel is gonna come back from this.

Anyways Lamiya finally came out of her bed room limping carrying 2 bags so I rushed over to her side and grabbed them both. "Damon, I could carry my own bags." I smiled at her cus she really thought I was gonna let her carry her bags. "I know you can but I want to carry them and your still limping so don't worry about it." She actually rolled her eyes at me...wow. She doesn't use the crutches anymore and her cast was taken off a week ago but she still walks with a limp. "Ughh could you speed it up, at the rate your going it's gonna take us an hour just to get to the car" I say half joking. "Ohh shut it damon, you try keeping up after getting your ankle almost chewed off." *laughs* "No thanks I'll just leave that to you."

10minutes later
DAMON: "Wow, we actually made it to the car in under an hour....I'm impressed"
LAMIYA: "I know you ain't talking mister. If I remember correctly you were walking behind me thee entire time."
DAMON: "that was strictly to make sure you didn't fall miss missy."
LAMIYA: "sureee... now hand over the keys please"
DAMON: "WHAT? I don't think so!!! You have a bad foot and if your driving is anything like your walking then I think it's best if I stayed behind the wheel princess."
LAMIYA: "uh I don't know if you noticed or not but walking and driving are two very different things hun. Bad foot or not I'll get us there in no time."
DAMON: "you don't even know the way."
LAMIYA: "well that's what your for....duhh"
DAMON: "Yeeaahh nice try I'm drivin!! Now find a seat and buckle up princess."