Chapter 5 - Thoughts

*DAMON POV*

After the 6th time of me waking up i check the time and ughh its only 5:00 am, i dont have to be ready for another 4 hours. But all night i just couldnt sleep and when i did manage to fall asleep i'd only catch maybe 30 minutes here and there. Im exhausted, angry, excited, confused and worried. Exhausted cause i havent had any sleep since my nap, and all this stress is getting to me. All i want to do right now is sleep, sleep and do more sleeping but i cant. For some reason even though im extremely tired i just cant fall asleep for long.

Im angry because of that bull shit ass meeting. Well i take that back it wasnt really the meeting that has me angry but the results of the meeting does. I mean gifted wolfs? I never saw one before and was always told they were nothing but a myth. But if jason said he knew one then i believe him because ive known Jason and the guys all my life and he has no reason to lie to me. Also not only are dangerous wolfs after my mate but gifted dangerous wolfs at that. Me and my wolf are PISSED, we dont want any harm to come her way. I will do anything to protect her as long as i live.

Excited at the same time cause i may just be close to finding her after all these long hard years and im more then excited really about finally finding her and having her in my arms with her lips on mine, her neck showing my mark to the whole world letting them know she's MINE and only that. And the fact that i may find her today at the campus get's lil me very excited (if you know what i mean). You all know what i did next.....no no not that lol i took a cold shower.

I stayed in there even after i washed myself, until lil me calmed down. I started thinking about it all because something just wasnt making sense to me. Why are the rogues going after my mate? Out of all the people or wolves i should say, why come after mine? There must be something very special about her that they've seen.

I just wish i knew what that was better yet who she was so that way i could protect her. Another thing i was very confused about was that all those years ago when i was searching for my mate every where in the world, I came to this pack i even stayed here for a whole week and met every mateless she-wolf in this pack so if she really is in this pack like the guys said then where the hell was she at when i was here? Did she know i was her mate? Did she keep away from me on purpose? Why would she do that to us? Did she not want me? Was i not good enough for her? So many questions popped into my mind and i was getting more and more confused by the moment. I needed a run. I hadnt had a run in wolf form in 3 days and he's begging to get out so putting on the first pair of clothes i could grab out of my bag i race out the door down the stairs and to the back door remembering not to make any noise seeing as everyone else is still asleep. I run in human form for 5 minutes just till i get to the egde of the woods then strip to my birthday suite.

Painfully i shift into my silver wolf. It never used to hurt to shift but after my wolf giving up hope and becoming weaker everyday i dont shift as often, maybe once a week unless something happens to cause me to change more often then that. I grab my clothes with my mouth and hide them behind a tree so i know where they are when i get back. With my tongue flapping about i was running at full speed, running helps me think sometimes and other times it just helps me to relax something i hardly ever do.

As i was running dodging trees and jumping over fallen ones i tried to use this time as a chance to connect with my wolf again but he still shut me out. I can feel that he feels better just to be running right now but all he wants just like me is his mate. I dont know what to do anymore i try comforting him but he doesnt say anything back 98% of the time. Im so worried about him, its like every day that goes by without her makes him weaker i dont understand why or how that happens. Maybe i need to talk with my father about this when we get back to my territory, maybe he'll understand why i feel this way. Im also worried about HER. She could get hurt or way worse...killed. And i just cant let that happen, not to her..not to us.

I ran for what i thought was only an hour when i saw and stopped at this beautiful lake with a waterfall making a note to bring my mate here one day. I drank the water from the lake and lay flat on my belly with my head in between my paws. When ever i go for a run i always shut my mindlink off so i dont havr any extra stress and stuff. After laying there for maybe 30 minutes i shut it back on once i noticed it wasnt dark outside anymore and that it hasnt been for a while now i was curious as to what time it was. Before i could get a thought out through the link i heard a very panicked voice from Michael

Michael: "damon damit you better answer me right now, you better not had done anything stupid!!! And where the fuck are you?"

Damon:"Michael calm the hell down, ok im fine. Prefectly fine. I just went for a run but thanks for caring about me mickey mouse"

*growl* he hates it when i call him that i just really think its hilarious.

Michael: "ohh ok, but you couldve left a note or something to let us know pup"

*growl* now it was my turn to growl. Being called a pup is very insulting especially to an alpha. Its like saying we aint shit and weak punks. And i aint no weak ass punk so he knows that any alpha would take that as fighting words.

Damon: " watch it Michael, your lucky i wasnt there to punch you square in the face just then."

Michael:"Yeah yeah yeah where the hell are you even at anyways?"

Damon:"At some lake bout 2 hours away, why?"

Michael:"Because its already 8 and we leave in an hour stupid."

Once he said that i jumped up to stand on my four silver paws and zoomed passed all the trees making my way back to the pack house. Theres no way im going to make it back before 9 let along be ready by 9 so were going be a lil late to campus today...oops.

Damon:"Hey michael why you think i did anything stupid? What you think i do kill myself or something?"

Michael:"Honestly man i dont know right now. Last night you found out some not great news about my future luna. And we all know that when it comes to her you dont think sometimes."

Damon:"Ohh well i wouldnt kill myself unless i knew for a fact that she was dead and gone. Right now she needs me to protect her and i need her for so many other things. I wouldnt even think of taking my life right now."

After that i clear my mind of all things cut my mindlink off and just ran enjoying the feeling of the wind blowing in my fur, the quite sounds of the forest a lil birds chirping sound here and there but other then that..nothing.

Once i arrived to the edge of the woods i shift back grab my clothes and change back as quickly as i could then raced to the back door. Once inside i see all the guys ready some in the kitchen eating while the others are either with their mates sucking each other faces off and the remaining guys Michael, jason and neal are jus sitting on the couch watching tv since their mates are not here. Once Michael see's me he starts smilling at me and i think its cus of his pup comment that he got away with THIS TIME.

I rush upstairs and take a 2 minute shower, put lotion and deodorant on, brush my teeth and brush my hair into waves. I throw on a simple outfit that i think looks good on me. Grab my keys, wallet and phone then back down the stairs i go. Crap i wonder if i have enough time to eat something. Um naww never mind im really not that hungry anyways so i walk into the living room where everyone now is and say as i clap my hands together "ok im ready lets go shall we."