Chapter 16: Ogre 鬼

I could still remember that concert. Winter is about to end and spring is coming. It is the occasion of new life, but for me, death of our companionship as coworkers and maybe as friends. That time, I thought it would be a goodbye to my old buddy SU-METAL. Sure it's sad but what's sadder than the bleak career path I have at that moment. After I graduate Sakura Gakuin, BABYMETAL is surely going to end, that was what I thought.

"No, everything will be absolutely alright Su-san."

"Huh? I don't understand you."

"Legend Z doesn't really mean death of BABYMETAL but rather the death of your old self. You will be resurrected as a new person embracing the blessing of the Fox God."

"So, does this mean we can still be together? And I can still perform with my angels?"

"Yes, you can still perform with Moa-chan and Yui-chan."

"Yokatta."

"You love them so much, right? I could see that in your eyes."

I nodded at my reflection who is apparently SU-METAL in response. But now, that reflection is my mortal enemy. She was once my friend but she betrayed me. She even knows that I love Moa and Yui so much yet she dared to kill them in front of me. And now, she's begging for my mercy? She's begging for my forgiveness for this ghastly crime that she committed? No! I won't give that to her. Not in my entire life, even if it means me not reaching my dreams to be a great performer.

"Su-san, they are not your friends. They are ogres. They are oni trying to rape me. Look at them!"

I glanced at Yui and Moa's corpse and to my surprise they are not them. Two red skinned oni in scrub suit with bodies torn apart are lying at the ground with blank faces and huge tongues sticking out from their mouths. No! These are just illusions! She's tricking me into believing her lies again. She came closer to me with her arms open wanting to hug me but I charge towards her instead holding a sturdy twig and beating it at her head. She didn't dodge? She just shields her face with her forearms? What's wrong with her? Is she sincere with that apology? Why didn't she fight back? But I still continue beating her and she still keep on saying apology to me.

PAAKK!!

She tried to look at me but I saw that opportunity to hit her face and probably her right eye. She screams out of pain. Her right arm transformed into gigantic demon hand and pushes me away. Sure she is a demon! She hurt me so bad with what she did.

"I'm sorry Su-san! I didn't mean that. It was just that I'm surprised that you hit my face. Though I am a demon, I still feel pain."

I can see her right eye bleeding. Her blood, it is deep red and so viscous like honey but it still keeps on flowing out of her eye even though it seems like it is so sticky. Her demon hand, she still has it. She didn't transform it back to an ordinary hand. It is just hanging from her shoulders with its end touching the ground. She came closer to me while dragging her seemingly heavy hand.

I should finish this off. I won't let her have another chance to hurt me again. Where is that container? Did I lose it? Shoot! I think I lost it! What should I do? Calm down Su and relax. I look around and saw a white object in the ground! Alas! I knew it was the salt container. Good thing it's slightly visible even in dim because of its color. The bad thing is, it is near SU-METAL. How should I... Nah! Screw that cowardice! I should sprinkle that salt at her, that's my objective. I carry my hurting body not minding the pain and run towards the container. I didn't mind looking at the kaiju. My priority now is getting that salt.

At last I have it! I opened it instantly and throw all its contents at the face of my opponent who happens to be just beside me. Her face burns and she is screaming out of pain. Me, I'm grinning out of enjoyment seeing her slowly being defeated and crying out of agony.

"Su-san you should listen to me! I am not your opponent but that doctor! That ogre! Aaaarrrggg!!"

What does she mean? Ogre? Doctor? I don't understand what she is talking about. I don't understand why she didn't fight back. I don't understand why there is even this warm painful feeling at my neck. Wait, is my head detached from my body? Yes it is! Shoot! I'm screwed up! I see a silhouette of an ogre holding a kanabo (iron club). I'm sure he's the one who did this.