Chapter 3: Nightmare 悪夢

The waning moon lit the dark night sky as I wandered around the endless forest of the unknown. I don't know where I am going. All that I could hear is that chirpy laugh of a girl. I don't know why but she's chasing me. All that I could do is run, run, run, until I my breath runs dry. I saw a fountain, I was thirsty, but I didn't have any time to stop. She would devour me if I would, that's what I'm thinking. Suddenly I tripped from something. This is it! I felt like I am doomed. I looked at her. She has sharp fangs and gleaming eyes. She's devilish. Fear lingered through my veins and the hair in my nape stood. I am frozen not because of the cold breeze but of the terrifying stare of the hideous kaiju.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright." She said.

"Who are you?"

"I am your Yume."

"Yume? My dream?"

"Yes! I will be with you forever if you want. We could sing together not just in Japan but also to the ends of the world."

"Really?"

"Yes. I will take away that fear you have, your anxiety about the unknown. I will introduce to you who I am."

"Then who are you?"

"You will know who I am if you will come with me."

She wasn't that convincing. Her impish smile dissuaded me even more. Yet, she was still persistent on convincing me to come with her. Should I come? I was confused at that time. Her words were promising but her looks wasn't.

"Yes, bring me to my desire."

She carried me up in the sky, lifting me with her long hands clamping on my torso. The darkness was then enveloped by white light. I see nothing but white yet I hear people cheering, yelling, and screaming with the heavy metal music. This is our music. This is what we perform as BABYMETAL.

"Can you hear it, that beautiful rondo? They sing it because of us. They sing it because of you. Don't you feel proud of yourself?"

"Yes, I like it."

"Are you happy?"

"Yes I am."

"Do you want to know who I am?"

Her words silenced me. I looked up at her and she looked back at me, grinning.

"I am SU-METAL."

Then suddenly, blood and pain oozes in my face. She devoured me with her sharp teethed mouth.

"Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!"

"Su-san! What happened to you?" Moa said to me. I realized I was sleeping at her lap. We were on a plane and Yui was beside her.

"No, it's nothing. Just a nightmare." I replied.

"We are now landing at Changi International Airport of Singapore, Thank you for traveling with us here at Asian Airlines. Have a nice day!" The Flight Attendant said through the speakers.