Chapter twelve

He was the designated driver only because he'd taken a sip of beer the day before and almost instantly received a migraine. Did this make him grumpy? Yes. Very. Only because Scott and Allison would surely leave early to go get it on or whatever and he'd be stuck with a drunken Lydia. Not that she was a burden but he'd be alone drinking virgin cocktails at the bar while she flirted with every guy who offered to buy her a shot.

The only thing that made this worse was the length of her skirt. Immediately he had scolded Lydia about how short it was, how guys could easily cope a feel and when she'd made a snippy remark he'd argue he was only trying to protect her. Which he was.... but also the skirt was an automatic invite for guys to grind up on her. The image made him gag.

"Please don't leave me alone." He had begged as soon as Allison and Scott had slipped off to dance. Lydia grinned, eyeing the room for potentials. How the hell can she see it's practically pitch black. Not to mention ever bang from the songs playing overhead vibrated through his feet, up his body, and circling around his skull, setting it on fire. He'd definitely have a headache by the end of the night.

"Relax I'll come back for you!" She promised.
"No, you won't. This has happened before."
"Just sit down you big baby. Two minutes, three tops if I have to snatch someone's number." Lydia pushes him into the plush stool at the bar, kissing him on the cheek before backing slowly towards the chaotic center of the floor.

"And No drinking." Lydia warned him with a wink and a tap against her temple that referred to his wound. He was about to say something but she had already slipped past a horny couple and vanished in between dancing bodies. Dammit Lyds, he thought. With a sigh though he accepted his fate and turned around to the bartender, ordering a lemonade that earned him a few odd looks so he explained he was the DD.

An hour later, Allison and Scott had returned giggling and bubbly, promising they were safe to drive themselves home when Stiles had asked. The two were hand in hand, leaning on each other as if they couldn't stand without the support but overall they weren't drunk. They then asked if he'd be fine. Stiles took a deep breath, spotted his strawberry blonde against some dark haired jock, and sighed, looking down.

"Nah I'm good." He gave the best smile he could that was obviously forced. The couple shared a look, Scott wishing him luck and Allison giving him a peck to the cheek. "Brave soul." She whispered in his ear to which he responded with a chuckle. He waved them off goodnight. It wasn't until another forty five minutes later that Lydia came up to him. She was bouncing giddily and yelling the song and swaying back and forth when she tried to stand still. He confirmed she was drunk. And not even just your normal kind of "oh I'm buzzed" drunk but this was "I could throw up at any minute so watch out" drunk. The only thing that made this possible was the fact that she's a lightweight, despite the countless nights they'd spent together drinking straight from the bottle.

She grabbed his arm and curled into his side, allowing the appendage to rest on her shoulder. "Yew should dance." She slurred, stumbling a little causing a short laugh.
"I think we should go home, Lyds." Concern dripped from the sentence. Stiles flashed her the sweetest caramel eyes he had but she didn't fall that easily.
"Just one dance, we'll go." She bargained.

Stiles looked around as of the answer was somewhere in this room. But all he saw were sweaty bodies and half naked girls. With some hesitance, he stood earning some silent applause from Lydia. He'd barely had the chance to say anything before she had took his hand and yanked him through the tightly knit bodies.

He wasn't a dancer by far. No, he stood still in the middle of a crowd with this beautiful drunken girl swaying around him. She laughed, pulled at his arms, did anything she could to try and get him to even remotely move. After no success, Lydia pouted and decided on placing both his hands on her hips. He could stand there if he wanted but the least he could do was keep her from falling over. As if awakened by this, his fingers twitched, barely pulling her closer but enough to notice.

And he almost gave in. His smile dropped quickly though.
"Okay Lydia, come on. Let's go." He was tired and she was drunk and his car keys jingled in his pocket with her every move. Lydia. He only called her by her actually name when he was upset (be that sad or angry). She shook her head and pursed her lips, on the verge of tears. She didn't like him when he was angry. So what did drunken Lydia think was best to make him happy again?

Kissing him.

She leaned forward with all of her weight and pressed their lips together. Surprise was to say the least because Stiles didn't know whether to be terrified or completely falling for the girl. But she was soft from the alcohol in her veins and his hands were still at her hips. Not knowing what to think, he  simply kissed back. And oh my gosh did it feel good. His heart rattled his ribcage as though locked in a jail cell, his head no longer pounded from just the music, the heat radiating between the two enough to burn down an entire forest.

She was drunk, he had to remind himself.

So he did the right thing and pulled back, looking at her grin in astonishment.
"You–" her sentence failed when her eyes rolled back into her skull and she fainted in his arms. What the actual shit had just happened.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

surpriseeeeeeeeee...yay
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe