Chapter 8~ HALLOWEEN SPECIAL (Short)

"You look better without your mask on."

Those words bled into the skulls of Zane and Travis for days on end. They became silent, not one having the courage to message the other.

What was I thinking?! Travis thought.

Do I really have a thing for Zane?.....Maybe I do....but what if he doesn't like me back? Gah! Oh my Irene, Travis....why do you keep talking to yourself.....?

Travis sat in his room and slouched on his chair. It was already past eleven, so the others were probably asleep or went out or something. So it was just Travis. He decided to try and sleep, but Zane clouded his thoughts.

I have to confess....somehow....but how?

Travis stared up at his ceiling and couldn't stop his mind from racing through the thoughts of Zane. His heart pounded out of his chest, and he started to sweat. Travis sat up in his bed and pulled on his hair. He never knew someone like Zane would make him feel like this at all. But he already lost someone he loved, so of course he felt nervous. He didn't want to lose this. But he still didn't know if Zane would reject or accept him. He didn't want to mess up their friendship either. These new emotions were confusing. He never questioned his sexuality ever until he began to hang out with Zane.

Travis looks at his phone. It was Halloween, and he didn't even realize it!

So that's why it's so quiet...I had totally forgotten because my mind is so cluttered.

Travis realized that Aphmau had texted him. She was planning a Halloween party. Travis decided to dress up as Zen from Mystic Messenger. He had already planned this outfit months ago. He got ready and by the time he was finished, it was time to go to the party.

I hope Zane shows up. Maybe I can confess there....Travis walks to Aphmau's house.

Everyone else should already be over there.... Travis thought to himself.

He reached Aph's house, and it was decorated with cute little pumpkins, skeletons, and ghosts. Travis smiled and chuckled in amusement. He knew Aph would do something like this. She wasn't the type of person to be scary. Travis rang the door bell and Nana answered the door. She was dressed as a vampire with pink and black striped hair. He has forgotten her name.

"Oh! Travis! You're here!" Nana let him in and Travis put his hands in his pockets. He looked around and saw most of his friends all dressed up. But he was mostly looking for Zane. Travis finally spotted him at the table with cupcakes and other sweets talking to Aphmau. Travis walked over and Aphmau noticed him.

"I'll leave you two be," Aphmau said, then walked away quickly. Of course, she was a cat.

"H-hey..."Travis stuttered, scratching the back of his head. Travis noticed Zane was dressed up as Jumin, but had kept his mask on.

"I see you're Jumin..."Travis said awkwardly, a bit surprised. He didn't know Zane knew about that game.

Then again, Zane was more well aware of his sexuality than Travis was. He most likely got into the game way before Travis did.

"Yeah, well Aphmau technically made me..."Zane said.

"Oh really? Of course she did..." Travis said. He felt awkward. Especially after what he had said to Zane that night.

".....well....I'm sorry about that night. What I said..."Travis said.

"....you don't have to be sorry,"Zane said. Travis looked at him.

"R-really?"Travis asked.

"Yeah...."Zane trailed off, hiding his blush.

"Well....would you like to dance..?" Travis asked. Zane smiled and accepted his invitation. The two danced in the living room to Halloween music.

"I'm so tired!" Travis exclaimed, winded after the dancing was over.

The two sat down when the music stopped and Aphmau walked in with Aaron. She had a smirk on her face.

"Okay guys! It's time for SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN!" Aphmau declared. Mostly everyone cheered. Some were drunk. Travis and Zane grew nervous.

"Okay! Everyone put an item in the hat!" Aaron called.

Everyone came up and put an item in the hat. Travis put a little Halloween pin that Dante had given him earlier, and Zane put in a little Pinkie Cakes pin.

Travis grew anxious as Aphmau pulled out the items from the hat. He felt scared and hopeful to be paired with Zane. Aphmau pulled out his pin and Zane's. Aphmau smiled.

"It looks like Travis and Zane it is!"

Her and Aaron pushed the two into the closet.

"Remember! Seven minutes!" Aphmau says. Then giggles, distant and muffled. As soon as it got dark, Travis began to search for Zane. It was a pretty big closet and it was hard to see in the darkness.

"...Zane?" Travis called out.

"I'm here."

Travis could feel a hand touch his and his face heated up. Then Zane pulled out a green glow stick, snapping it. It began to glow and Travis could see his face. Then they look at their hands and back up from each other, blushing.

"Uh..." Travis trailed off.

"So....seven minutes?" Zane asked.

"You know they set us up for a reason, right?" Travis asked.

Zane nodded. "Yeah...I know."

Now's my chance!

"Zane....I've been meaning to tell you something. I like you....like really, really like you. More than a friend...I feel like we were meant to be.....and I really meant what I said that night...I want to be with you. I want to help you...but I'm scared you'll say no. I'm terrified that I'll lost you. " Travis confessed, looking down away from Zane's gaze.

Zane gently took a hold of Travis' chin, moving it so Travis would look into his eyes. Zane smiled, searching Travis' eyes for any lies. They were shaking.

"Do you really mean that, Travis?"

"Yes...I do, Zane. I really do."

Travis felt an urge to do something, so he began to kiss Zane passionately. Without hesitation, Zane kissed him back. They sit like that for a while, just making out. Zane moved over and sat on Travis' lap, almost in wanting. He longed for Travis. The emerald eyed male felt relieved and happy. He could stay in this moment...in this sweet bliss with Zane forever. But unfortunately, that wouldn't happen.

The closet door swung open and the light blinded the two lovers. Aphmau has her phone in her hands and her and Nana had a nose bleed, yet again. Travis and Zane blushed. He quickly gets off of Travis' lap.

"ZANVIS!" Nana screeches.

Travis smiled secretly. Yeah. Zanvis....He looked over at Zane, his cheeks noticable since his mask was off. He was blushing too.

Zanvis. It seemed they were official now.