Chosen (Epilouge)

Jackie's POV

Raising my head, I see a crowd of people. Behind me is a smouldering crater that was once the haunted house. I push myself to my feet just to be attack hugged by Rowan. I pick up her petite form and hold her tightly. I feel my friends join our embrace and we just stand. Our arms wrapped around each other. I hear a little girl clear her throat. She stands before us in a witch costume.

"Was that a magic act?" She asks shyly. I look at the others then nod with a smile. She grins and begins spreading the word.

Soon the crowd disperses, believing whatever story the girl made up. I feel a rush of gratitude to her. The fair continues as if nothing had happened. I sit with my friends and fill them in with the details. They gasp in awe when I tell them about my sky dream. I tune out mostly after that. The annual Halloween dance begins after that. The gang decides that we should celebrate.

It's a night full of dance and fun. I dance with Quint and we kiss a few more times. It's nice to know that good things came out of everything. Willa and Seth, Quint and I, getting proper goodbyes. The full moon shines down as I sit with Quint in the pumpkin patch, holding his hand.

 It's really over. That's what's hard to believe about all of this. That I made it through. I was sure that I would be a body when I opened that door. But someone how the powers of Lanturn pulled through. My friends pulled through. I pulled through. It's something hard to take in. Especially after a journey like that. I lean on Quint's shoulder as Seth, Willa and Rowan plop down next to us. Seth puts his arm around Willa, sitting on the ground. Rowan sits next to me and puts her head on my lap.

We stare at the sky in silence. Were all thinking about it, how everything changed so quickly. How we lost, lived and loved. Quint kisses my cheek and I smile at him. Everything DOES happen for a reason. Seth clears his throat.

"So.... how do you suppose we can top this next year?"

                                                                                       THE END

A/N Thank you for reading to the end! It has meant alot to me to get about 600 reads! Thank you for voting, commenting and fanning. I would love for you to continue! It's been a great experince. My next story Journey to Nowhere will begin real soon!!!!! This has been a amazing brithday since I met my deadline! I hope you loved Halloween is SO my thing as much as I did.

Love, purpleismymiddlename