Emptiness

A/N The poems are both by my friend Rilleh. She's got loads of poetry in her book Inspirations :) go check her out: http://www.wattpad.com/user/Rilleh. Thanks <3 Song on the Side: Sally's song :( Sad like Jackie ;) Enjoy!

Nothing is left for anyone to see

 Nothing is left for you or for me

Nobody is here to hold my hand

 Nobody is here to take a stand

 No one will stay by me forever

 No one will love me, not now, not ever

Never have I known what it's like to be free

Never have I been anything but empty

I scrawl, in sloppy letters, Emptiness at the top of my poem. It fits the poem. It fits me. 3 days to Halloween but I don't really care. I'm sitting in the tent writing poems. Seth and Rowan joined me in writing poems awhile ago. Seth sticks his tongue out in concentration then finishes.

"Ohhhh I love it! Listen guys!" Seth says with mock happiness. I know he's trying to put a happy face on the situation.

"Midnight Shadows. I am the prey. He is the predator. But soon my life will surely meet its end."  Seth says proudly of his 3 sentence poem. I would come up with a witty quip but I'm not in the mood. My heart has been stolen by that evil Romulus. His name is dirt to me. He took Quint from me. I think back to last night.

Quint and I race through the trees. I know I can never beat him but it's worth a try. Finding firewood will be so much more fun if we can talk. I want to know what's like to be a vampire. So I ask. Quint stiffens a little when I ask.

"It's weird. You would expect I would be a killer. But I'm not. Blood, it isn't our food. We just have the ability to eat it. It makes us stronger but we don't ever kill." He falters. "Nothing the mortals know about us is true. Rumours. Myths. Legends. Mortals only ever see the ones who kill for fun and survival. Me and Amberlyn are the type that stays in the shadows- protecting the human race from them."

 "That's so sad. How much you do for Humans yet they think of you as heartless killers." I say. Quint looks at me- like he's confused. Like no one has ever talked to him like this before. I would think no one has. "What's your family like?"

"Well you know Amberlyn and I have watched over you since we were old enough. My mom died a while ago. My dad... he's..." Quint looks away but not before I can see the look of pain on his face. "He's bad. He-he works for Romulus...."

"That I do, son." We both turn. A man bearing resemblance to Quint stands with two others. He smiles coolly, his red eyes burning. Quint takes my hand and pulls me behind him.

"What do you want, scumbag." Quint says in disgust.

"Now, now is that anyway to talk to your father?" Mr. Suckerman smiles, bearing his sharp fangs.

"You're not my father."

"Well I'm here on business you see. Romulus doesn't like this girl around. Frankly, neither do I. Quint, you should be with Ivy. She has been dying to see you."

"No, she's evil. Like you. You're not touching Jackie." Quint snarls.

"Well have it your way." Mr.Suckerman says with an evil gin.

The man next to him suddenly turns into a wolf. Black fur and red eyes full of hatred. He charges us. Quint attempts to push him away but gets flattened. The wolf pounces on me. I scream for Quint's help but he's still recovering. The wolf swings a massive paw at my face. Pain erupts in my forehead, blood trickles down on my eyes before I fall unconscious. When I awoke, Quint was gone and I was empty.

Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness. Emptiness.

That's what I will feel until I have Quint back. He's all I want. I should have told him before it was too late. I don't know if I will ever see him again. If I will be anything again, anything but empty.