I blow up The Haunted House

The room was faintly lit corridor. Candelabras line the walls, flickering, sending shadows dancing across the ink black walls. I step onto the blood red carpet and stare ahead. A plain oak door lies at the end. I can feel a powerful presence in this hall. Nothing like I ever felt in here before. I finger my mother's necklace in an attempt to calm my nerves- a habit I picked up since I began wearing it. I stop at the door. My death may be behind these doors. I wonder if it's safer to turn back now. Run and hide away with Quint maybe. I shake my head and push the door open before I change my mind.

Pitch blackness awaits me. What kind of trick is Romulus trying to pull? Eerie organ music suddenly begins as the lights fade in bathing the room in muted colour. Smoke disperses from an unknown source. The room is old and musty with once royal blue walls. The paint is peeling everywhere and the floorboards appear to have been here since the 16th century. Romulus sits in a throne at the front of the room. He wears a formal black tunic instead of a robe this time. His crimson eyes follow me with intense fascination

"Jacqueline, finally you grace me with your presence. I suspect your journey was pleasant?" Romulus asks as if I was late to tea. I narrow my eyes. Wants to play games, does he?

"I suspect that you know how it was. Anyway, where's the Treat Topaz? I'd like to get this over with and move on to better things." I reply briskly, coldly and confidently all at once. A smile plays across Romulus' lips. He chuckles to himself at something only he is aware of.

"You seem to have been mistaken.  I've never been in the possession of the spirit stones. That's a privilege that only Lanturn's are given. Besides they were never necessary for the spell. Really nothing but an embellishment to my spell." My heart stops. How can her not have it. White noise fills me ears. He's tricked me.

Romulus starts to go on about the complexity of his spell and the necessary steps. He gets up and starts striding toward me. I don't move or even breathe. I've already failed. He can kill me with ease and I have no chance. Everything starts to blur and blend together.

"Then what do you need me for? I won't say the spell- you know that." I gulp. All the colours have begun to alter. I stare at my blue fingers as they shake with terror.

"Well I need what runs in your veins, child. The magic blood. The blood of the greatest witches and wizards of all ages. The blood of a Lanturn." Romulus says with a grin inching closer towards me. I can't let this happen. I need help. I sway in place. What is happening to me? I have one chance maybe though. Maybe to get away, to live.

"Quint!" I scream at the top of my lungs. My use my last remaining energy to turn and see him burst in. At the same time, I hear Romulus's voice ring out.

"Neco!" I reach out for Quint as I fall and feel my life be sucked away. The world disappears and I feel myself die.

I'm lying on something very soft. Like the world's softest blanket. I open my eyes to sunlight realizing I'm in the sky. I'm lying on a gold cloud. My filthy hoodie and sweats have been replaced by a gorgeous white one shoulder dress paired with some gold flats. My red hair cascades in waves down my back. Nothing seems to fit together. Memories are jumbled and I just can't remember. Everything here seems to have a vibrant glow to it. I run my hand against to cloud, feeling its soft texture. I stare at my nails, shaped into perfect silver-coloured circles. I stare at the pure blue sky.

I notice that a group of people are sitting in a circle not too far away. I lift myself up and stand. I feel like I'm taking my first steps as I walk to them. Four women are sitting in the circle. But somehow I recognize them. Things begin to click. First is Drusilla, her blonde hair vibrant and in pretty up-do with a few stray curls. She has the same style dress in silver. Dru looks like how she did in flashbacks, before her death. Sitting next to her is Amberlyn. She has a red version of the dress naturally and her braided hair is streaked with a cherry red. She isn't even vampire pale anymore. Hazel sits next to her, well a younger version of her. She looks around 16. Around the age she probably was when Neckstop was killed. She has gold dress and her hair is black, straightened.