Thirteen

Kongpop had been acting weird all morning (most of this month in fact) and try as he might, P'Arthit couldn't really understand why. It was Em and May's wedding and it was supposed to be a happy day

....wasn't it?

Or did Kongpop suddenly realise that he wasn't gay or that it wasn't Arthit that he wanted. Did he have lingering feelings for May? For Em?

No it couldn't be that. Kongpop had been genuinely happy when he had helped Em with his suit. He had even encouraged his friend when he started getting a little cold feet and he smiled the brightest when they were pronounced husband and wife.

But now, sitting at the reception, he had a close lipped smile and downcast eyes so unlike the normal Kongpop. He seemed to have a lot on his mind and Arthit unconsciously became annoyed.

"What's wrong? " Arthit asks as beside him Kongpop sighs quietly, one hand slowly rotating the stem of the champagne flute but not drinking from it

Surprised by the question, Kongpop quickly turns towards his beloved P'Arthit, eyes wide in surprise and lips parted, "Nothing P'!"

"Why are you sighing? You've been doing it all day."

Kongpop stares at him for a moment before shaking his head,"No. Its nothing. Don't worry P'Arthit," and Arthit just knows that like always Kongpop is probably overthinking something. He may be a straightforward man but there has been many a times when he holds himself back, especially when it comes to the two of them.

Like not calling when he thinks Arthit is busy with his finals and internship when in actuality Arthit would check his phone over and over again waiting for his call,wanting to hear his voice;  or not visiting Arthit's new apartment because he thinks he will disturb him when the whole point of the apartment was so that Arthit could have Kongpop visit him whenever he liked without having to be uncomfortable around his family.

"Spit it out!"

Kongpop takes a while to ask what has been in his mind for some time now. He plays with his fingers as he looks down at P'Arthit, teeth sinking slightly into his bottom lip.

"P'.....if...if I were to ask you to marry me...would you say yes?"

P'Arthit chubby cheeks paints of a brilliant red. The answer is quite obvious from his shy eyes and crimson cheeks but Arthit wouldn't be Arthit if he answered truthfully of his feelings

"I don't know!"

"But P'-"

"We'll only know when you ask," Arthit huffs desperately, eyes averted  trying hard to hide his racing heart or the happiness he feels.

And right there, in front of all the guests, band and catering staff of the wedding reception Kongpop goes down on one knee, his voice trembling.

"P'Arthit, I don't see anyone else I want to spend a lifetime with. I love you and I want to be with you until my last breath. W-will you marry me? "

And Arthit can do nothing but hide his face in his hands, a soft "yes" passing through his lips without even him having to think about it

He doesn't mind the cheering crowd and he doesn't even bother to scold Kongpop when he smiles brilliantly, in a way that only Kongpop can, and hugs Arthit tight. It was ok.  Kongpop always knows how he feels anyways.

He's been after all thinking of this for a long time too. The ring in his bedroom drawer is proof of that.