"But anyways, Nia baby, what are you gonna do today?" Dee said as she rushed to the kitchen.

I sat down and took a big piece of cake. "Jada is taking me to somewhere, probably a haunted house."

"Haunted house? Why can't you stay here with your family?" Dee complained.

I stood there for a minute giving her a blank stare. "Yeah.......I hear the phone ringing upstairs, be right back." I replied walking upstairs.

I picked up the phone and it was Jada.

"So, are you ready for the haunted house tonight?" Jada said with excitement.

I softly sighed with a smile. "Well, I don't know because you never ever told me where the haunted house is." I replied. "Please don't tell me it's an actual real haunted house, Jay."

"Uh......happy birthday?" Jada answered nervously.

"Jada, I don't play with demons. I thought we were going to a playful haunted house, not real, candy, kids running around, etcetera, etcetera." I continued.

"Girl, quit grilling on me! You're not gonna be alone, I'm gonna be there right by your side, unless I see some phantom in the hallways, then that is our cue to get the fuck out." Jada said as I laughed.

"But where is this gonna be?" I questioned with a smirk.

"Somewhere. Someplace in the forest not that far away from Compton." Jada said as I heard some snickering.

I sighed. "If I get killed on my birthday, it's your fault. What time you meeting me up?"

"Uh......it's 1 pm now, I'll pick you up at like 4?" Jada remarked.

"I'm down with it." I answered.

"Okay, I'll see you at 4." She responded hanging up.

"You going to a party?" Larenz questioned, scaring me.

"Renz, can you just please.....mind your own businesss?" I questioned.

"No, I wanna know if you gonna go to a party." He answered as he played with my stuff in my room.

"I'm going somewhere that I don't  think you'll be excited for." I remarked.

"Why you trippin'? Just tell me, I won't spazz." Larenz said.

I softly sighed. "Nia is going to a haunted house, far, far, far away from here. You wanna come?"

"Uh........I gotta go to church with Dee tonight so I'll see you tomorrow!" Larenz said as he walked out of the room.

"Scared ass." I mumbled as I chuckled.

******

4 o' clock reached. Well, literally and I heard Jada's voice screaming my name outside the window.

"Nia! Nia!" Jada yelled as I saw Pac.

I opened the window. "Quit screaming, my aunt is gonna flip out!" I yelled back.