Chapter Fifteen

*Kurt Hummel*

Blaine stops in the middle of my kitchen, and turns to face me, a small smile playing on the edges of his lips, his eyebrow cocked. "Is there cereal available, Mr. Hummel?" he asks.

I smile back, and gesture with my head towards the cupboard above the sink. "You'll find our quality, state-of-the-art Frosted Flakes in our cupboard section." I play along. "I can make toast, or eggs or something, if you'd rather."

"Nah, I'm not really an 'actual' breakfast kind of guy." Blaine declines, and reaches his arm up towards the cupboard, struggling to wrap his hand around the handle, standing on his tip-toes, his face scrunched up in concentration. I can't help but laugh at the incredibly adorable sight. "Let me help you." I say between laughs, and reach up to the cupboard and grab the box of cereal for him, handing him the box, smirking at him.

Blaine's face forms into a pout as he takes the box from me, his eyes glint with playfulness. "Don't look so smug." he chides, turning away from me. He manages to grab a bowl above the sink, sending me a look of triumph while doing so, and pours himself a bowl as I get out the milk jug for him. 

"I'm not looking like anything." I backfire, a sly grin forming its way on my lips. Blaine smirks at me, and sets his bowl at the kitchen table, and sits, beginning to eat. I sit at the table, although I don't have anything to eat. 

"Where's your dad?" Blaine asks after taking a spoonful of cereal, his eyes glancing over some pictures framed on the wall we are facing.

"I think he went to some meeting for work for the weekend." I explain.

"And your mom?" Blaine raises an eyebrow. 

I swallow the lump in my throat. It's been years since she's passed, but sometimes it kind of sucks to think about. Grief isn't really something that goes away, you just learn to cope with it. Life goes on, and all that.

"She's uh, no longer with us." I say quietly, my eyes locked on the framed picture in the middle, of my mom, dad, and me. 

Blaine, obviously upset with himself for asking, stutters for words. "Oh God, Kurt, I'm sorry, I didn't--" Pity shines in his eyes as obvious as if he had said so out loud.

"I know, and its fine." I say. "But you don't have to look at me like I'm a kicked puppy." The words come out more harshly than I mean for them to, and I instantly regret it.

Blaine hesitates for a moment, before speaking. "I know, I'm sorry." he says. If he took offense to my outburst, he doesn't show it, although we don't speak again until he's putting his bowl in the sink, and begins rinsing it. 

"You don't have to do that." I inform him.

"I know," Blaine shrugs indifferently. "Don't you know that I'm a professional dish washer?" he turns his head to wink at me. I can't help but laugh, beyond thankful for the tension between us gone.

"Listen, I really am sorry about what I said--" I begin, but Blaine flicking water into my face cuts me off. He grins at me, and I know I'm forgiven. 

"Uncalled for." I narrow my eyes at him. Blaine looks like he's about to say something, but he presses his lips to mine instead, his palm resting in the small of my back. When he pulls away, he is smiling, and my cheeks feel hot.

Blaine's fingertips graze my cheeks lightly. "Very confidence-building, knowing I can make you blush." he teases, which only makes me flush more.

 "It isn't hard to do." I murmur.

Blaine smiles, and presses his lips to mine again, and when he pulls away, I cock my head in question, unable to keep the question from escaping my mouth. "So are you my boyfriend?" I feel like an idiot as soon as the words are out.

Blaine just kind of stares at me for a moment, until he laughs, his eyes crinkling as he does so. "Well, of course! I mean, I thought it was obvious. I don't just do this to everyone.." he takes his hand in mine.

"Well, I, uh." I stutter, feeling embarrassed. Blaine, on the other hand, seems to find it entertaining, because he chuckles again, squeezing my hand once. "If it would make you feel better, I will ask formally." his mouth pulls up more on one side mischeivously as he lowers himself onto one knee, looking up at me with big hazel eyes through his long, dark eyelashes.

"God, Blaine--"

"Kurt Hummel, will you do me the honors of allowing me to call you my boyfriend?" he asks, his voice silky smooth.

"T'would be my pleasure." I grin, rolling my eyes as Blaine stands once more.

"What a relief. Have I ever told you how I fear rejection?"

"Shut the hell up and kiss me."

And he does.