Chapter Thirteen

*Finn Hudson*

I step out of the shower, facing the steamy mirror in front of me. I wipe it off with a towel and meet my own brown-eyed gaze in the reflection, studying myself. My brown hair is ruffled every which way from washing it, my face slightly flushed from the heat of the shower. I can't help but wonder what Rachel sees in me. Does she see this dorky looking kid I see? I shake my head to clear my thoughts and unlock the door and step out of the bathroom, startled when something bumps into my bare chest. "What the--"

"Oh! Finn...I'm sorry," Rachel looks up at me through her eyelashes, her face slightly pink. "I uh, didn't know you'd be coming out so soon..." her eyes flash down to my towel-wrapped waist momentarily, causing my face to heat up. 

"How long have you been standing out there?" I ask her, starting to smile at the accomplishment of catching her waiting for me, or whatever she was doing, while I was in the shower. She obviously had not meant to get caught in the act.

"I came in because I saw your truck in the driveway, and your mom's car was gone, and you were in the shower," she pauses, then giggles. "I didn't know you sang in the shower."

I laugh, embarrassed. "Yeah..." I grin at her. She smiles back at me, tucking her hair behind her ear. I rest my hand in the crook of her neck and kiss her, feeling the spark I always feel whenever we kiss. It's as if it's the first time--whenever we kiss.

Once I pull away, Rachel waves me off in the direction of my room. "Come now, go get dressed. I don't feel comfortable knowing the only layer you have on your body is that towel." her gaze drops down again, and she bites her lip, giving her away that she most certainly does not mind it. I chuckle and grab her hand as I walk, and once I get to far away let her hand drop as I go to my room, Rachel following me until reaching the threshold. 

"How was Kurt's?" she asks through the door.

"It was fun," I respond, grabbing some clothes out of my dresser and changing. "Video games, stuff Rachel's don't tend to do." I smile to myself, remembering the time I tried to get her to play Halo with me, and it failed miserably. 

"Who was all there?" 

"Kurt, Sam, Puck, and a kid from Dalton Academy named Blaine." I can't help but chuckle to myself at the memory of Kurt and Blaine snuggling on the floor. There is definitely something up between the two of them, and I will find out what. Especially because by the sounds of it, Sam is just as curious.

"Blaine..." recognition shows in Rachel's tone. "He have hazel eyes, kind of on the short side?" 

"Uh, yeah," I say, confused as to how or why Rachel would know exactly who I was talking about.

She squeals excitedly as I open the door, and I see her eyes shining with excitement, a smile on her face. "Oh my gosh! Kurt and I saw him at the bookstore! Kurt was giving him the eyes, and Blaine gave him his number..." Rachel gushes. 

"Wait, slow down," I register what she is saying. "They were like, flirting?" 

Rachel cocks her head thoughtfully. "Kinda, yeah. I mean, they were all smiley and stuff."

I nod my head as I think. "I knew there was something up with them. They were kind of like that at Kurt's house." I tell her, deciding not to give her full details, considering Kurt would probably not be too fond of me blabbing my mouth about it. 

Rachel grins, and intertwines our hands as we enter my room, and lay on the bed, her head resting on my chest as I absently play with her hair. "They would be so cute." she murmurs. "Kurt needs someone in his life like that,"

I nod in agreement, my mind once again going to Kurt's suicide attempt. I can't wrap my head around the idea of Kurt doing that to himself, or anyone, for that matter. Is there really a breaking point so powerful that it could cause you to want to take your life, without any second thought? Blaine will be good for Kurt. He'll look out for him, help Kurt through the sadness that I can still see so plainly in his eyes, in his expression when he thinks no one notices, or cares.

Well, as long as... I think grimly to myself. Blaine isn't the one to push him over the edge again.