Chapter One

*Kurt Hummel*

My ears hear the melody before my eyes find the source.

The soft strum of guitar strings, whispering through the crisp fall air, floating around my head, distracting me from what my purpose for coming to the park originally was-- to get inspiration for a song I wanted to write. My gaze drifts across the park, trying to find out who was playing the song.

The song is one I faintly recognize somewhere in my head, but I can't quite place it. My boots scuff the crunchy leaves below me, the only sound other than the guitar playing and the wind rustling loose leaves in the shedding trees.

I stop in my tracks when I spot the musician, quite a distance away, but not so far that I can't take in all the player's features.

Perhaps I have found my inspiration.

The boy is gorgeous, to say the least. The sleeves of his red hoodie are rolled up, his hands caressing the guitar, his fingers gliding skillfully across the strings, his eyes downcast, long dark eyelashes fluttering each time he blinks, large black glasses brimming his eyes, and his hair dark and gelled down, with some in the front styled up. His back leans against a large rock, his legs out in front of him as he plays. He looks so lost in the music, completely oblivious to the world around him; completely oblivious to me watching him admiringly.

The boy is so beautiful, so unlike any boy I have ever seen. The way his lips are parted, mouthing unspoken words, makes my heart skip a beat, yearning to hear what the boy's voice sounds like.

He doesn't look familiar, at least not someone from McKinley High. He looks about my age, so he must be from a nearby school. I let out a long breath, fighting the urge to approach the boy. Who knew how he would react? More so, who knew what I would say to embarrass myself? I tend to not be able to talk to people, or make friends, very easily, let alone very cute guitar playing boys of which I have never seen before.

To my delight, the boy begins to sing, his voice smooth and sexy and something I wish I could listen to all day. I now recognize the song as the boy softly sings the lyrics.

White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Lights gone, days end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men

And they say, she's in the class A Team

Stuck in her daydream

Been this way since eighteen

But lately, her face seems slowly sinking, wasting

Crumbling like pastries, they scream

The worst things in life come free to us

Cuz we're just under the upperhand

Go mad for a couple grams

And she don't don't wanna go outside, tonight

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland

Or sells love to another man

It's too cold outside For angels to fly..

The boy stops playing and looks up, my gaze quickly darting away as I grudgingly force myself to start walking away, so the boy doesn't think I'm a complete stalker. I don't regret it until I am back in my car. I may never see the boy with the amazing voice and the guitar ever again.

Please comment and tell me what you think! I'll update if people want to hear more! :)

Also, I found the picture on Google, it is not mine.

Songs:

The A Team by Ed Sheeran