Chapter Nine

*Kurt Hummel*

About four Kurt-deaths later, there is a soft knock on the door downstairs. Happy for the escape from the game which I am losing at terribly, I leap off the bed, pausing the game. 

"Jeez, Kurt, you weren't kidding when you said you suck at this game." Puck shakes his head, but he doesn't sound too insulting as he says it, a faint smirk on his face. 

"Yeah, he's making me look bad!" Finn teases, flashing me teasing grin. "I'll go with you." 

Finn and I go downstairs, and I open the door, a blond haired and blue eyed Sam on the other side, his hair damp from a recent shower. "Hey, guys." he gives a shy smile, that new kid smile, the one that says please don't hate me. I know that look well, I was the new kid at McKinley only at the beginning of this year. 

"Hey, man." Finn greets him. "The other two are upstairs, I hope you like Black Ops."

"Pff, do I like Black Ops." Sam scoffs, grinning. "I'll smoke all y'all!"

"Wonderful, then you can take my spot!" I tell him, to which he chuckles.

The three of us head upstairs, where the game has been unpaused, Blaine and Puck resuming the gameplay without us.

"Cheaters!" Finn smacks Puck on the back of the head as he walks by. "Let's start over, since Sam's here now."

"Sweet, some actual competition." Puck says approvingly.

Sam sits on the floor next to Puck, grabbing my controller, and they all begin playing, me dozing off, too lost in my own thoughts to really pay attention, or care, about the game. My mind seems jumbled, unable to organize itself. I'm thinking about the stain on my bed, about Sam being a new kid like me, about actually having people associating with me without beating me up, and about what Blaine's lips would feel like on mine.

***

Kind of a short chapter, but I'll update later! Thank you for the reads/votes/comments!  <3