Chapter Eleven

*Kurt Hummel*

I lay awake on my basement floor, staring at the ceiling, my thoughts swirling around my head, my body fully aware that Blaine is right next to me, the distance between us feeling incredibly close; if I stretched my arm out I could touch his.

I can hear Puck snoring, and Finn's deep breathing, both of them lost within their own minds, deep in sleep mode. Light reflects off of Sam's face as he lays on the couch, on his phone. Puck is sprawled out on the pull out bed, and Finn's face is buried in his arm as he lays in the recliner. I can't tell if Blaine is asleep or not, because he is turned on his side, facing in the other direction. I consider striking up a conversation with Sam, but he has earbuds in, his head nodding slightly in beat to whatever music he is listening to. My mind is far too active at the moment to even consider sleep. Not that sleep has ever been a real friend of mine, it usually only brings along unwelcome nightmares.

"Kurt, are you awake?" a voice whispers to me, causing me to sit upright. I glance over and see Blaine is peering at me, laying down, his upper body being propped upwards as he leans on his elbows. "Crap, did I wake you up?"

"No, no." 

"I'm not tired, at all." Blaine says, his eyes twinkling even in the darkness.

"Me either." I breathe, being cautious to not wake the other two who are asleep.

"Can we...go for a walk?" Blaine suggests, his voice sounding less confident than it usually does.

"Sure!" I agree, not bothering to hide the enthusiasm in my tone, to which Blaine smiles at me as he stands. 

"We're gonna have to be sneaky." he murmurs in my ear, his tone playful as he grabs a hold of my wrist and starts pulling me up the stairs, his steps light. I look back over my shoulder, and see Sam's eyes flicker up to us, his head slightly cocked in question. I press my finger to my lips, and he just nods, looking slightly confused, and looks back to his phone. I feel guilty for being glad he doesn't want to come along.

Blaine and I go out the back door, which leads to the pool. Blaine inhales a deep breath, his eyes closed. "I love this time of year." he murmurs. "Not quite fall, and it being warm." he kicks off his shoes and puts his feet in the water, and I realize that he is in just shorts and a white tank top, and his hair slightly askew. 

"Come sit!" Blaine invites me, patting the spot next to him. "It's really nice, almost the temperature of the air."

I do as he says and put my own feet in the water, trying to ignore the fact that Blaine and mine's arms are touching. Blaine looks up at the full moon above us. "I used to wanna be an astronaut." Blaine murmurs, smiling to himself. 

I'm not sure why, but this little bit of information makes me like Blaine even more.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I always used to take cardboard boxes and make rocket ships in my backyard." Blaine chuckles at the memory. 

"That's cute." I say without thinking. Idiot.

Blaine ducks his head, grinning. "You think so?"

I don't have time to respond, because suddenly the pool deck is no longer underneath me, and I am falling into the pool. Well, scratch that, being pushed.

When I resurface, my hair flattened and probably looking awful and my shirt sticking uncomfortably to my body, Blaine laughing. He dives in, and comes back up above water in front of my face. 

"That was totally uncalled for." I say, floating on my back, closing my eyes that keep wandering to the clothes clinging desperately to Blaine's body, making me want him in a way that I had never really wanted someone before.

"Aw, don't be mad." Blaine teases, and I open an eye as he swims closer to me. I lean up against the side of the pool, Blaine just inches away from my face. He bites his lip nervously. "Kurt...do you ever get the sudden impulse to do something? Even if it's completely crazy? And it takes everything in you to not cave in and do it?"

I nod wordlessly, my eyes never leaving Blaine's, although his gaze keeps darting down or away from me.

Blaine exhales a breath, and before I can register what is going on, his lips are pressed against mine, feeling warm and tasting of chlorine and passion. His hand rests on my chest, and I wonder if he can feel my frantic heartbeat. Without really thinking I wrap one arm around his waist and pull him a bit closer to me, and I hear his breath hitch in his throat, and he deepens the kiss, his lips feeling as if they were molded to fit into mine. It is everything that I imagined it would be and more. 

Blaine pulls away, his face flushed as he looks at me through his long lashes. "I..I'm sorry, that must have been weird, I didn't want to do that, but-"

"No, I'm glad you did." I sound breathless to myself. "It wasn't weird."

Blaine cocks his head at me.

I chew on the inside of my cheek as I nod, confirming the unasked question of are you gay?

Blaine laughs a nervous little laugh that sounds both relieved and bubbly and unbearably cute as it squeaks at the end. "Yeah...God, you don't know how great that is. How awkward it would have been if you had ended up straight..." he trails off.

"I...I can't believe it." I mumble. "I've never met another guy like me before." 

"Really?" Blaine murmurs, and his arms snake around my waist, his eyes searching mine, silently asking if it's okay.

"Nope." my voice is barely a whisper. All I can think, feel, is Blaine's arms around my waist.

I wonder to myself if this is going to become a daily thing, Blaine and I kissing, and really hope it is. I feel like I'm flying, walking on air, my mind blank and I feel nothing but Blaine's lips pressed to mine. 

Blaine pulls away, and bites his lip, lightly laughing, his eyes playful as they meet mine. "Has anyone ever told you how adorable you are, Kurt?"

I laugh. "Now."

Blaine grins and dives underwater, splashing me in the face, heading towards the deck. "Well this is a problem," he says as he climbs out. "I'm all wet, and didn't bring a spare change of clothes."

I swim over to the other end of the pool, where Blaine is wringing out his tank top, the water spilling to the deck. "I have some clothes you can borrow." I tell him. 

Blaine's expression is difficult to read, a smile plastered on his face. "Sounds good."

Blaine appears in my doorway, wearing my gray sweatpants and blue T-shirt, the shirt hugging is body tightly, firm over his muscles, the shirt a little small. I make a conscious effort not to scan his body which is totally and completely sexy right now, his hair still wet from our dip in the pool, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Ready to go back downstairs?" I ask him, getting up off my bed and heading towards Blaine.

"Sure, although I think it'll be pretty hard to sleep after tonight." Blaine murmurs, his hand brushing mine, looking up at me through his long lashes shyly. Acting on impulse, I take his face in my hands and kiss him gently on the lips. I feel him smile before pulling away. 

"Now I definately won't be able to sleep."

I chuckle, and Blaine and I go downstairs as silently as possible. The basement is dark, not even the light of Sam's phone lighting it anymore. I crawl into my blankets on the floor, sneakily moving my pillow closer to Blaine's while his head is turned the other way. I think he notices when he turns onto his back, but he says nothing, his eyes closing. "Goodnight, Kurt." he murmurs, and I smile as he says my name. 

"Goodnight, Blaine."