Chapter 31: i promise this time

Y/n point of view

I just stood there. Looking straight. Looking right at the back of Meliodas's head. His back was still facing me. Even when he spoken, he never once turned around. But why would he? Why would he face me? Facing the girl that u knew and kinda liked. Found out that she liked you but had deep anger and hatred towards you at the same time.
Now that...... that can defiantly broke a persons heart.

Meliodas's point of view

I couldn't turn around. I just can't. It's not that I'm mad at her or anything..... it's just, it's hard to take in all of what she said about how she felt.... and at the same time..... facing her as she dose so..... that's way more painful to do. And I knew me not turning to her after that hurt her. Because knowing her, she's letting tears fall down her cheeks right now. Plus! I can hear her. I just can't turn around and see for myself. It hurts to see her this way but I can't focus on that at this moment. I need to keep this jackass away from y/n for a little bit. I'm trying to gain my power back so I just need to buy some time.

"Hey asshole! Taking your time I see....."
I said as I looked upward at the moon. That bloodily.....red....moon

"Aaa..... so you've noticed? Haha..... well yes, I am.... but it's important. I must kill this witch at the right moment and time. Suck a certain amount of blood, and devour her little broke heart......Because!...... this event will only happen once! This moon will be the last blood moon till the world ends! Until the after life is reborn! Until this world has its new ruler! And that ruler............WILL-"
"Will. not. be. you......."
I said as I interrupted him with a harsh sound in my voice. The old man is really starting to piss me off.

"What? What do u mean it's the last blood moon? That can't be! The last blood moon DOSENT happen for another 1.2 hundred thousand years from today!" 
Y/n said with panic in her voice. I turned to see her holding her hand against her heart. She was shaking, with tears still falling from her beautiful, yet painful eyes.
"Sorry to break it to you my dear but no.......... because this world has been without a true God for little over ten years, the world is breaking and falling apart........"
Even though I want to ripe out his heart right now, he has a point. And.....he's right. This world is falling apart. With out a god, there is no earth, and with out earth... everyone dies...
Well let's just say this explains why he wants to kills y/n 1.2 hundred thousand years early.......
"...this world needs a ruler.... no.... A GOD! A God to watch over them and to put this world to rest. And that is what-"
"OH MY GOD!!!! Shut it up! Your giving me a headache with all the damn yelling and with all your blabbering!"
I jumped with shock, I looked beside me to see Ban. He looked pissed and banged up all over. But he's alright.
" ban?! Done already I see... what's up?"
Ban was scratching the back of his head with his eyes closed and started walking towards me. I happily smiled and looked up at him.
"Those dang demons were a pain! Pissing me off.... but my parts done, so I thought I'd help u out. But it looks like a came at a good time, party didn't start yet? Probably because THIS SHIT FACE TALKS TO DAMN MUCH ABOUT HIM SELF!!!!" Ban said as he yelled the last part pointing to the demon king.
"Still as shitting as ever as always, hey ban?" Father said as he took one step closer. Ban gave the king a mean glare and growled. The king looked up at the sky and smirked, he then looked back at me and spoke.
"Meliodas, ban, it was really nice to chat with u guys but the time is close by, need to do what I came here to do and kill her." Demon king said as he pointed at y/n.
"Sorry this conversation didn't last longer than I hoped it would. But u know what they say....." he said as he pulled out his long, shark, and poisonous blade he had clinched beside him.
"......time flies by so fast when your having fun....."
I stepped one step closer to father. I lowered my head towards the ground and closed my eyes and focused on my energy. I then opened my eyes up again to find them like they usually are, a gold-ish, yellow color. Gravity taking control and light surrounding my body. I smirked and looked up at the monster.
"Yea! I guess it dose. But I hate to break it to u, but like I've been saying.... you want y/n? Then you've gotta kill me first!!!" I said loudly as I clinched my fist. The demon king... still with his eyes locked in on mine as his grin grew wider and he lifted his head higher.
" HAHAHA!!!!!! I would love to!"
And at that moment, a dark red glow surround the man as his eyes glowed green.
I glanced behind me to see Ban and y/n standing beside each other.

Y/n point of view

Meliodas glanced back at me and Ban standing beside each other... until he spoke.
"Ban! I need you to do something very important! Take y/n! And go! Take her far away from here as possible! Protect her with your life and you both don't come back till all of this is over!"
I was shocked! And by the looks of it, so was ban. But wait........ haven't I heard Meliodas say these same words before? But when?..... oh wait! I remember! At the ball! When I got my memory back! The lost memory when I seen the death of my mother, Meliodas came and saved me, like always, and he ordered Ban to take me away. Just like now.
"CAPTAIN! I'm not going to leave you here to fight him a-"
"BAN! That's an order!!!" Meliodas said as his eyes started turning black, and so was the aura surrounding him. Ban was about to pick me up until I slapped his hand away. Both
Meliodas and Ban were shocked. Before I go, I must tell him how I feel! He must know! And I must say what I must.

" Meliodas! Before I go..... u must promise me something........"

What I said caught Meliodas's full attention. I took a deep breathe and tried remembering the words I said to him that night. I looked at him straight in the eyes and let what I had to say out.

"MELIODAS!!!!!! Promise me that you'll come back and get me!!!! Promise me you won't die!!!!!!"

I yelled with tears streaming down my face. Meliodas eyes widened and he froze. From what I could tell, he was in complete shock. Telling from his face, he knew those were the same words from that night. His eyes began to soften and then he slowly smiled.

"This time.......... I promise..."