Chapter 27: Why i dont love you

Meliodas point of view

I carried y/n all the way back to the bar, were she should be safe.
For now.
I didn't wanna leave her here alone, but sooner or later, I wouldn't have a choice. I need to stop the demands, help the sins, and kill my father.
We arrived at the the bar. I set y/n down and looked up at her. Her clothes were a reck, she had bruises in some places, her hair fell lifeless down her back and her checks, and her eyes were now red, with tears dropping down from them. I can't believe I let this happen to her.
I walked towards her and then I pulled her into a hug, dug my head into her neck, and felt her soft hair slide against my check. I hugged her so tight so she wouldn't try to let go and because I didn't want to let her go nor leave her side....
Not ever again.
"I'm so sorry y/n. I let this happen. I didn't think and I left without a second thought..... I was too late, they took you, he hurt you, and-"
I stopped what I was saying as I felt her hug me back, tightly.
She was shaking, her heart was beating really fast, and u could already tell she was still scared and in pain.
"Stop........... don't apologize...... there's no need........... YOUR here now, your ok, and I'm ok, and that's all that matters..." she said as her voice sounded shaky and she started looking up at me as I did the same.
I smile and nodded and then I became concerned.
"Y/n?! Wha-what the hell happened to your neck?' I looked down to her neck to see she had a small wound, but it was black and bruised around it, blood was still dripping down, and it was deep.
I became pissed.
....No.....
I WAS ANGERY!
I thought we should go upstairs and take care of the wound, or could go back to the castle and get Elizabeth to heal her.
I looked straight into her eyes and was about to speak but I stopped myself from doing so. I didn't know who I was looking at for a second. Every since I saved her, I haven't seen her smile.
She was looking down with her long bangs covering her eyes. All I seen was her frown.
"...............Y/n.........."
I lifted my hand to her cheek, until she pulled away from our hug, and from my hand. We were now like three or four feet apart. I was shocked! And a little hurt but I just think she was like this because of what happened..... but I don't think that was the only reason.
"Y/n? What's wrong? Are you ok? Dose the wound hurt?"
I said as I started walking up to her again but she walk backwards, away from me again. I stopped walking towards her and she stopped walking away from me and I find that we were now like 10 feet apart. Now I was concerned.
"Ok..... what's up?"
She shook her head and began to speak in a low whisper with her head still down.
".............you."
I got all tensed up from the words I just heard come from her mouth. Me? What did I do?
"Look, I said I was sorry, I didn't mean to leave you like that.... I.... I just though-"
"WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG!"
She screamed at me to the top of her lungs as she shot her head back up, straight at me. As her pupils grew large, to the size of a marble. Only little color or red was shown in her eyes now.
I was upset.
I was mad.
But mostly hurt.
"Wha.....what?" I said with a questioning look.
"you do and say everything wrong! You always say things you don't mean and you always make promises you don't keep! And I'm sick of it! I'm sick of you! I'm so done! I don't wanna go through this with you! I don't wanna be here with you! I don't need you! Because..................."
She trailed off her sentence as she took a deep breath. So many tears were coming down her face like she didn't want to say what she said......but it's too late. She said all the things that came to her mind.I was shocked and so hurt with the words she just spoke but what she said next shot a whole through my heart.
"...................because I'm sick of you because all you do is hurt me! I hate you Meliodas! And that's why.......that's why I don't love you."