10

[WARNING: *NSFW*]

"Because Renesmee and Jacob are going to be the only ones left."

The words echoed inside of Beau's head as he replayed them over and over again. Bella's confession to why she had gotten fake ID's from J. Jenks was sitting like acid inside of Beau's stomach.

How could Jacob and Renesmee be the only ones to survive the witnessing? What would happen to their friends? What would happen to his family? What would happen to Rosalie? And most importantly, what would happen to forever?

For a moment, unhinged fear grew inside of Beau at the thought of loosing this beautiful life. This life filled with friends, family, and so many possibilities. So many uncharted adventures he'd never get the chance to have with the woman he loved.

Everything was ending too quickly. He'd just begun to live, to be able to travel, to be able to caress Rosalie without the fear of his blood pushing her too far. He'd given up so much to be immortal beside her, and now it was all going to be taken away.

Renesmee would grow up an orphan and Jacob would be left to carry Renesmee through all of her pain while feeling it simultaneously with the loss of Bella. They'd have to live a life where all the people they remembered were gone without a trace, never to return-

"Beau," Rosalie's voice was soft in his ear, like liquid gold. "Where did you run off to?"

Lifting his gaze from the silk pillow case of their shared bed, Beau gazed at the woman who had held his affection for two years. Rosalie's heart-shaped face was dazzling as it peered at him, golden staring deeply into golden.

"I want to stop thinking," Beau whispered, not having to explain what he meant. Rosalie had been there when Bella gave Beau the news about their slowly ending future.

The blonde had been silent about her grief, while Beau had never been able to keep things from showing on his face. Never around Rosalie. Who had read every page in Beau's story hundreds of times that reading something as simple as his face wasn't a challenge for her.

"Tell me what to do," Rosalie begged, moving closer to him on the bed, her blonde hair pinned back behind her head. She gracefully uncurled her legs from her chest, placing them on either side of Beau's waist as she sat in his lap, facing him.

Pressing into her, Beau felt their foreheads touch. "I don't want to loose this," He whispered, gently ghosting his hand upwards towards the fabric covering her ribs. "I don't want to loose you."

"You won't," Rosalie softly murmured, blinking slowly once more. "You'll always have me."

An ache resonated throughout Beau's chest, reminding him of the side-effects of the depression he had once battled as a human. The depression that had seemed to vanish slowly with Rosalie's guidance. Though the scars had vanished on his wrists along with his heartbeat, the memories of despair were still vivid.

"I love you," Beau gasped out loud, the room seeming too quiet. "I love you Rosalie."

"And I love you," Was Rosalie's soft reply, before she was pressing her hands against Beau's chest. Palm's flat against his cool skin. "Tell me what I need to do to ease your pain. Just for tonight."

With her words, a thought crossed Beau's mind. "Bring me back to the start,"

For a moment, Rosalie looked confused and then her eyes twinkled with understanding. Slowly, she nodded, untangling her body from his. The weight of her was missed terribly, though Beau knew that she'd be back soon.

Swiftly, Rosalie gathered the needed materials. Her golden hair was the only thing seen in Beau's side-view as he waited for her. Once she was finished gathering everything, Rosalie appeared from their shared closet with a designer suede duffel bag, placing everything they needed inside of it.  Blankets, pillows, an extra change of clothing.