02

[happy 29th birthday isabella marie swan cullen! and in
case you were wondering, beau's birthday is may 26th]

A little girl with pigtails sat two chairs away. Her squeals echoing of the walls as she bopped her head back and forth, stretching and contracting her neck again and again.

Beau felt himself swallow thickly.

"It's okay," Alice soothed, bopping her leg up and down beside Beau. It was an action for show. To seem like Alice was human. Beau knew this, because he was doing the same thing with the opposite leg.

Despite Alice's words, Beau felt his throat ache as the little girl stretched her neck to the side again. The action revealed many purple spider web veins in her neck; all of them pumping with a rich blood that Beau could almost feel touching the back of his throat.

"This was a bad idea," Rosalie says from beside Beau, voice snappy. During her comment towards Alice, she doesn't look at the pixie-sized vampire. In fact, she just stares at the door to the terminal Bella and Edward would be walking through in a few minutes.

"Believe in him Rose," Alice says, angered on Beau's behalf.

This time, Rosalie does look at Alice to shoot her a hard glare. "I believe in him more than anyone else. We just shouldn't be pushing him this far. It's too soon."

"I'll be fine," Beau says, cutting in between the two women. "I have to learn to control myself somehow. It's better to be overwhelmed with you guys here then to be overwhelmed with no one to bring me back down again."

"Jasper was the same way," Alice said, speaking about the blonde since he couldn't speak from himself.

Jasper had decided to stay home with Emmett, since both of them had been invested in a football game before Beau and the others had left to gather the newlyweds from the airport.

Bella and Edward had been gone for two weeks. Enough time for Beau's eyes to settle into a gentle gold and allow him to be out in public without causing much attention.

Despite how much it made him uncomfortable, Beau saw the hungry looks some people gave him as they'd made their way through the airport. Alice had laughed underneath her breath, while Rosalie had just grabbed Beau's hand tightly inside of her own and glared at the stranger until they flushed and looked away. Beau assumed they gave up so easily because they saw just how much they wouldn't be able to compete with someone as beautiful as Rosalie.

"They should be landing in a few moments," Alice says, uncrossing her legs and crossing them again reversely. "They're flight got in a bit earlier."

"I missed Bella," Beau says softly, and see's Rosalie tense beside him. It's only for a second, and it he were human, Beau would've missed it.

Instead of asking questions, Beau reached outwards to grab Rosalie's hand in own, only for the blonde to jump up from her seat. Beau watches as Bella rushes through the terminal door, brown eyes wide as she meets Rosalie halfway.

Beau's entire body stops. As still as a statue in a matter of seconds as something clearly not right settles deeply in his stomach. Rosalie is hugging Bella gently to her chest, whispering something in her ear that's low enough that not even Beau's new ears can hear it.

She's being quiet on purpose.

"No," Edward's voice slams Beau out of his thoughts. The young vampire looks heartbroken as he looks at his wife and sister. His golden eyes blazing in between fury and disbelief.

"Rosalie," Beau says, removing himself from his chair and making his way to where his sister and mate are standing. "Rosalie, what's happening?"

Rosalie doesn't respond or meet Beau's eyes. Her golden irises are set on Edward's face, and her top lip is pulled up in a silent snarl. It's an expression Beau has seen only on her face when he was in danger; but he'd never seen the expression in a way that shows protection for Bella.