01

His feet were barely skimming the ground as the sweats he was wearing rubbed against his marble legs. His arms swished by his sides, and his dark bangs fell into his crimson eyes.

The track beneath Beau made each step he took give off a tiny 'tap'.  He opened his mouth, breathing in the air he no longer needed.

His chest is silent. No aching ribs, no fast beating heart. Just silence.

He runs faster.

Unlike when he was human, there's no sweat to convince him to stop running. So, he bends around the turn in the track on his 8th mile.

His head is clear and he feels content as his legs move like a well-oiled machine. He pulls around the bend of his 10th mile when he smells her scent.

Grinning, he stops and turns to look at where her scent is coming from.

Rosalie is leaning against the entrance of the track, a soft pink sundress covering her pale skin. Her blonde hair is in a intricate braid that rests against her shoulder and makes her jawline look as sharp as a knife.

Looking around for any wandering eyes, Beau moved forwards only a single step and a second later, he's gripping her body against his own. Rosalie smiles softly as she presses against him, her nostrils flaring as she breaths in his fading newborn scent.

Beau feels a bit of embarrassment flare up in his chest at the thought of Rosalie smelling the deer he took down before heading to the track. Judging by the soft purring sound in the back of Rosalie's throat as she gently ghosts her nose against his neck, she really doesn't mind how he smells.

"Are you finished?" Rosalie asks, looking up at him with golden eyes.

Beau looks at the eyes with a new purpose now. Wishing that the newborn crimson in his pupils would fade into Rosalie's color. He had a few more weeks to go before he could start expecting them to change, until then, he'll just had to wait for the scarlet covering his hazel from view to fade.

"I am." Beau says, and laces an arm around Rosalie's waist.

When he'd first woken up and touched her, Beau had expected to shiver at the cold, but he'd felt nothing but smooth skin that made his entire body thrum with desire. They were both the same temperature now, perfectly matched. Beau enjoyed the new sensation just as much as he enjoyed the sensation of touching Rosalie as a human.

Grabbing his gym bag, which had nothing of value in it besides a pair of sunglasses to shield his red pupils from view, Beau made his way towards the parking lot with Rosalie beside him. It was strange not holding a gym bag filled with equipment. The bag was empty on his shoulder, not holding any clothing, shoes, or even the water bottle Alice had given him for his last birthday as a human.

Emmett had caught him staring at the water bottle that morning, and had slapped Beau on the back and had cracked a joke about how some habits die hard. Beau hadn't found the joke that funny, but had laughed anyway for Emmett's sake.

Rosalie's convertible was waiting in the parking lot besides Beau's equally as flashy silver 2009 Saturn Sky. Since he'd left college, Beau had moved in fully with the Cullens; and had been given a credit card by Esme and Carlisle both, for him to use for whatever he wanted.

Beau had made the mistake of going car shopping with Alice and Rosalie, and had ended up buying the silver muscle car that he pretended to hate. In all honesty, Beau didn't mind the fast car, finding it tedious to go at a human pace now that he knew he could be somewhere in just a second.

"You have to head home to get ready for Edward's bachelor party," Rosalie said, moving towards her convertible and Beau moved to the door of his own car.