06

The backdoor of the Cullen house snapped open, clanging against the wall as Beau stormed towards Jacob's direction. Behind him followed Bella, both of the Swan siblings glaring at the Quileute boy before them.

Even though he seemed to guess the move Beau was going to make, Jacob didn't do anything as Beau's pale fingers roughly wrapped around his neck. Within a second, Beau slammed the werewolf into the bannister of the pack porch, making his creak dangerously.

"What did you do?" Beau snarled, ageless face twisted up into a snarl.

"I solved a problem," Jacob said, voice raspy with the feeling of Beau's fingers wrapped around his trachea. "You guys were leaving."

"You could have hurt him," Beau jerked Jacob backwards by the throat before slamming the werewolf back into the bannister once more. The commotion enough to startle the rest of his family out onto the back porch.

"Charlie's stronger than-" Jacob began, being cut off by Beau a moment later.

"Don't talk about my father like you know him," Beau seethed, tightening his grip on the werewolf's throat. Jacob choked slightly, lifting his hands to try and pry off the lethal grip that Beau had.

"Beau," Bella's voice echoed, "Let him go."

"Charlie-"

"Was bound to know sooner or later," Bella said, before she was glaring at Jacob and adding on. "Jacob just speeded up the process."

Growling low in his throat, Beau jerked his hand away from Jacob's neck with one last squeeze that would've snapped a humans neck into two. Stepping backwards, Beau felt Rosalie's body slot into place beside his, her hand gently squeezing his shoulder.

"You don't realize the danger you've put Charlie in," Bella said, accompanied now by Edward. "The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us."

"I didn't tell him about either of you," Jacob said, eyeing Beau from the side. "Only me. I only said you were both different."

"And that Bella and I have a niece that we adopted," Edward said, voice hard.

"I mean seriously Jake, he's not just going to let that go," Bella said, and Beau had never seen his sister this angry at the werewolf before. Despite all the things he did in the past that deserved for him to iced out of their lives way before now.

"Did you even consider the psychical pain you'll put them both through?" Edward asked, golden eyes blazing as he looked at Jacob. "Beau hasn't mastered his control yet and for Bella it'd be like sticking a hot branding iron down her throat and that's assuming she can control her thirst."

"Listen, Charlie's been through hell and I know you'll both be much happier with him in your lives," Jacob said, giving Bella a knowing glance.

"Don't try and pretend you're doing this for anyone but yourself," Beau snapped, glaring heatedly at the side of Jacob's face.

"I'm sorry you feel that way," Was all Jacob said in reply. "Because he'll be here in ten minutes."

"What?" Bella asked, red eyes blazing.

"He's coming by," Jacob said, whispering now. "He wouldn't take no for an answer."

Beau stuck out his hand then, his iron knuckles snapping against Jacob's law. The werewolf stumbled as Bella gasped softly. Rubbing at his jaw, Jacob looked at Beau with a bewildered expression.

Rosalie was quiet, lips pulled up into a tiny smirk. Straightening his shoulders, Beau turned away from Jacob and headed towards the entry of the house. Esme and Carlisle were watching him closely, Carlisle with understanding and Esme with worry.