“I love you,” he breathed in my ear, making me shiver.

“I love you too,” I replied, kissing his neck. “You’re very happy tonight… why?”

He pulled back a little and smiled. “You’re here with me.”

“Yeah, but I was with Eros for hours before I came here!” Why the hell was I pressing this? Did I want Simon to get mad at me?

“You came to me afterwards,” Simon replied lightly. “You always do. I know things are confusing for you because of the bonds, but as long as you’re honest with me, I can wait until only your feelings for me are left.”

“You’re way too understanding for your own good,” I told him, shaking my head.

“I know,” he agreed, pushing his hair out of his face. “Now shut up and kiss me one more time before you leave.”

I chuckled and took his face in my hands. “You’re the best boyfriend ever.” I kissed his left cheek. “I love you very much.” Right cheek. “You’re also very sexy.” I planted a kiss on his mouth and then moved on to his neck. “I wish we could sleep in the same bed tonight…”

“Why not?” Simon asked breathlessly. “Guido won’t mind.”

“Because…” I tried to think of a good reason why not to while Simon stroked my hair and kissed me on my forehead. Curfew had never stopped us before and we had the potions to keep us from getting caught. The only true reason I had for not staying over was Eros, but after what I’d done for him tonight, I thought I might cut myself some slack. I didn’t need to protect him from me and Simon – if we didn’t make out too much he wouldn’t even have to keep the bond turned off all night…

“Okay,” I decided. “Let’s get back inside: I’m staying.”

Simon was surprised and also very very happy. He pulled me to his bedroom as fast as he could, most likely afraid that I would reconsider. He handed me an old shirt and I quickly changed. He stripped down to his boxer shorts and didn’t bother to put on anything else. We snuggled against each other in bed and all felt right in the world. This was the place I belonged: under the warm covers, pressed up against the bare skin of my boyfriend.

Then Eros turned on the bond again – he’d thought it would be safe since curfew had set in half an hour ago. When he felt I was still with Simon, he started to turn off the bond again, but I didn’t let him. I pulled at the bond, letting him know I wanted him there. I knew we’d both sleep better if we could feel each other. He eventually consented when he realized I wasn’t going to do anything besides sleep in Simon’s bed.

All this felt right in the world, but I was confused – even when I was in bed with Simon, things felt better when my bond with Eros was up and running. Was that just because the bond was meant to be intact, not shut off, or did it have something to do with my feelings for him?

Refusing to think about it anymore, I put my head on Simon’s chest and closed my eyes, dozing off to sleep.

“All right, one more time,” I told Eros, trying to focus on the task at hand and not at the way his deep brown eyes were looking at my neckline. He’d been checking out my breasts all day, which wasn’t all that strange since I had on a top that was cut much lower than the ones I would usually wear.

“Sure,” Eros agreed, dragging his gaze up to my face with a small smile. “Just remember: you need to make yourself as small as possible, not push me away.”

“Okay,” I mumbled, trying to shut off our bond for the twentieth time that day. We’d been training for two hours straight and I felt like crying from fatigue.