A Slight Problem with Unwanted Visitors

"So.... what are the Mishaps?" I mused as I poured my attention into kicking a small rock down the road. Her usual glare
     "I hardly think that that is any of -"
     "My buissness?" I interupted, " I think that it's defiantly my buissness now." My legs swung wide as I tried to find the best way to walk around with the new contraption wrapped around my legs.
     "And how is that?" She began to walk backwards with her arms crossed, instinctively dodging every pothole and fallen tree limb.
      "Well, now that we are on the same team, it most likily-"
     "No, your mission is to collect information, mine is to protect The Professor. You are nothing but an ignoramus school boy," She jabbed a finger at me, " who wandered into a bad situation. Just because the Professor made the mistake of trusting you, doesn't mean I will as well!" She swiveled into a foreward canter, " I already lost my badge for that man...."
     Static rang from her pocket, she pulled out her Pokedex, to wich I saw the familier face of Reggy. "WHAT DO YOU NEED NOW PRETTY BOY!" She yelled into the case.
      "Oh so you think I'm pretty?" Reggy smirked. I stifled a laugh,
     "What's up Reggy?"
     "Well I just found out that I can call up pretty girls on this Poke-thing, I just figured out that, I myself, am a pretty boy,"
     "Don't get your hopes up blondy," Dawn groaned.
     "And now I am half way to Jubilife city, so it's a pretty eventful day. But by the looks of your scenery. ... yall are going the wrong direction..... is this a prank?" Austin put on a pathetic pout, " Oh please tell me Austin, sweet, sweet Austin, that you did not pull the first prank in your entire life, not only without me, but on me." Reggy raised his eyebrows.
     "We are checking out other leads, now, keep this line clean or you'll find out just how quickly I can be in Jubilife and just how terrifing I can be." Dawn flicked the Pokédex shut with a satisfied click.
     Dawn stopped in her tracks, and stretched one open hand over my chest. My heart stopped, fell through my rib cage and must have landed somewhere along my feet, because they had lost their feeling. When I looked down to look at her hand on my chest, I saw that it wasn't exactly what I thought. Below us was a 20 foot drop off, as if someone carved down the side of this road with their bare hands in order to make the one below it.
     Dawn removed her hand, leaving behind a wrinkled spot in my shirt, and walked out onto the edge, balancing her self on the back of her heels, the rest of her feet leered off the edge.
     "Uh Dawn, you might want to back away." I tried to reach out and grab her, but as my finger tips just brushed her, she plummeted down the cliff side.
     My jaw dropped just as quickly as she did, but eyes darted down to see that her fall wasn't nearly as fatal as I thought. Planting her heels into small grooves, she wasn't falling as much as she was, skating. As if she were in some bizarre balancing act, her arms were open and calm, her posture upright but eloquent.
     Her momentum carried her into the dirt road below. She swept around and looked up. "You coming or what scrub?"
     Stepping up to the edge, I spotted the grooves in the cliff, where new ones had been made by past travelers. I planted my heels, and let gravity drag me down. Wind swept through my hair, nearvous energy flooded through me and made every hair stand up.
     A trip that should have lasted 2 seconds seemed to stretch into an adventure, abruptly ended by the sandy ground being plowed up around my feet.
     "There, that wasn't so bad," Dawn smirked.
     "What's with the face?" I eyed her suspiciously. She had never really... smiled.... something was up.
     "What face? I was just laughing at your face, you should have seen it." She clossed her eyes as she smiled more. It was a calm and collective smile, as if she were just soaking in her surroundings. "Well let's get going."

     The remaining part of the walk involved more grass wading. I wasn't suprised by pokemon anymore, when giant vulture like birds swooped in, it was just expected. Chimchar on the other hand was every bit as terrifing as before. He would just glare and snarl at anything that moved. Leaping, slashing, grinning. Everytime, he would begin to turn to face me after a kill, tremors traveled up and down my spine.
      Dawn grabbed my wrist harshly and commanded me not to move.
     "Stand. Perfectly......still." She added, her hands didn't move at all, just cold dead statues clinging to me. Chimchar turned to face me, my heart skipped a few beats as his eyes rested on my mine, and his lips peeled back into what he thought must have been a friendly gesture. He stood hunched over himself, front arms swinging freely but awkwardly. His eyes, usually blood shot whites and coal black pupils, were clear, and had a blue haze to them. "Stare him dead in the eyes....."
     The blue began to grow thicker until they flashed back to normal. This time, his smile wasn't just a taunt. This time, he actually seemed excited
    "I believe he just leveled up," Dawn smirked and slapped me on the back.
     "YOU!" Bellowed from the reeds as two, familier but terribly scared faces stalked out into the light. The Miss-haps.

     "Well shit." I stared blankly at the two. Chimchar spun around, snarled, and in my suprise, swung his tail around in a wide arc, and from its tip, hurled a miniature comet into ones face. The ember smashed and hissed as the sparks and loose flames trailed around his face.
     "Agh! My face!!! What did that little ape do!!!! " The man-beast stomped around blindly while the other began to charge. Chimchar snarled and reared back, but his tail was still.
     "Chimchar! Move!" I yelled, searching the ground for his discarded pokeball. He stood his ground, black opaque nails extended from his hands. He was preparing to scratch, but it wasn't going to be effective enough to stop the charging maniac. I racked my brain, What did Chimchar just do? How do I command him to do that again? Is there a repeat command?
     Loose sparks flew around in the air as the other Miss-hap danced around patient his face down to no effect as embers floated.
"Chimchar! Ember!"

     His tail whipped around again, the flame sprouting from his tail circling behind him and in a single flicking motion, it shot forth and met the second man's gut.

     "Great shot, now if you don't mind, I think now is the time to run!" Dawn yelled in a horse voice and jabbed a button on her belt. She had the running shoes too, which is a good thing, because I kept forgetting that I did. I flicked the button in and let the pistons do their magic. The Miss-haps were still aflame, burning up like oil. Chimchar didn't have time to get into his capsel, and was running right behind me, I hoped that he didn't get any bright ideas and put a burning hole in my back as well.
     "Turn turn turn!" She shouted running up a ledge. The path split in two, the one leading home, and the other going higher and higher above it. As we ascended above the tall patches of thick reeds and the screams of burning men, I realized that the adventure I was in for was alot more than just gym matches and documenting Pokemon.