Between a Rock and a Hard Place.

My body shook. I stared into those rabid eyes, those jagged teeth, the flame flickering behind him. I heard Reggy behind me shouting commands, and guessing by the sound of movement, he was getting results. Chimchar took a step foreward, arms swinging low, sharp claw like nails extended from his finger tips.
     "Uh... uh, Chimchar! Uh... Scratch! " I shouted. No result. It didn't make sence, even the youngest of Chimchars used their claws for for defence. Flashes of fear pulsed through me, memories were coming back. I saw this Chimchar, and I saw the past.
     When I was 13, I studied Pokemon every night. Me and Reggy had a club, although it was just the two of us and his little brother. My favorite Pokemon, the one I was obsessed with, and of course would never show up in Siloh, much less Twinleaf, was Chimchar. So when it was all over the news that one had escaped and was rampaging through the woods of Twinleaf, I had to come see. And, as small of a chance that it was, I found him. He found me. He left me alove, but terrified, scratched, bruised, and in a burning school uniform, my tie was the only piece left since it snagged on a branch.
     Now I stared at one again, One that should have taken my orders, but refussed, and stared at me murderously. 
     Something caught my eye.  The bird was preparing to attack, gaining altitude through each wing stroke. "Scratch!" I yelled pointing, but nothing, the Chimchar was going to kill me with the help of its new bird friend, lovely. The shaking stopped. I was ok with it. There are worse ways to go I supose. I gripped my hands into fists and steadied my eyes on the Chimchar.
     "Chimchar." I stated, mater a factly, now resolute. It perked up, still angry, but intruiged. I pointed my finger at the bird, and he turned slightly, and saw it.
     "Scratch."

     And just like that.  In a twirl and a leap, the ape through himself into the air, and raked it's claws down the birds chest, throwing it to the ground.
     I was about to repeat the comand, but there was no need. It was over, the strike was fatal, critical.
     Just when I thought I had let my fear go, the ape, ever so subtly, turned, and looked me in the eye, with a slight, smirk, which morphed into that furious scowl. I dove through the grass, grabbing the discarded Pokeball, and hurling it at him. With a dim, blue aura of light, the beast disapeared, and the sphere closed with a satisfying, yet reassuring, "click"

     "What happened...." a voice echoed beside me. It was Reggy.
     "I... I don't know...."
     "Piplup responded without hesitation, your Chimchar...."
     "Lets just get out of here before more come" I said. Upon walking out of the thicket I saw that the birds white face resembled a star.... Starlie. Most common type of Pokemon in these parts.
     As we walked away, I noticed that Reggy was holding the breifcase. I had forgotten about it. As I looked down at myself, I saw that I was still holding the pokeball in a death grip. What do we do now? We just used someone else's pokemon. I mean they weren't very well trained but they still had an owner. Or maybe were they trained, Piplup worked fine for Reggy, Chimchar on the other hand would rather be exposed to another Pokemon to get the chance to kill me.
     "Freeze!" Someone shouted.  I looked up to see the girl from earlier, her deep brown eyes now capped with an angry expression. In front of, extended, aimed and ready for action, was a cold, hard, gun.